Trojan_Coyote's Staff Application

Trojan_Coyote

Trojan_Coyote's Staff Application

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

BYOND ckey: Trojan_Coyote
Character name: Sasha Antare/Rae Denar
Discord username (+user id): Ruzz#4836
How long have you played on Citadel?: Nearly a year.
How long have you played SS13?: The same time, my ss13 experience started with Citadel.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: GMT - 6, usually noon to late night/early morning when I don't have work.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: I've served as an admin for a few discords, and have been the equivalent in groups of gamers online for other games.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Cebutris,"would be willing to give me a shot, pending the opinions of other staff."
Reason for application: Firstly, there are a lot of times I am on when I see no admins playing, especially on the RP server and every now and again, something or another happens that requires admin intervention or investigation. An admin on during these times would reduce the need to ping admins that are either busy or not online via discord. Secondly. I notice quite often that the main server has mostly extended rounds even during peak time, I would possibly throw in a secret round or event every two or three extended rounds, if the votes are close. The role of Event Master or Game master would be my goal for this.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention.
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.
You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed? I would first wait a moment to see if Player 1 returned to get Player 2 medical help, or drew attention to them needing help. I would check both player's notes to see if either have notes for instigating fights or aggression and if so, make a decision based on previous behavior. Otherwise, this seems like an IC issue and with no need for my intervention, escalation seems to have been handled within reason and Player 1 did not outright kill them over an argument.

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed? I would continue to watch them while checking the antagonist panel. If they continued to break into low-security areas while not being an antag, consider warning them against doing so, and adding a note about violating rule 8.1. If they started escalating, say, breaking into higher security areas, I would warn them against this as their playtime and lack of communication seem suspect, adding a note that they have been warned about breaking into places as a non-antagonist. If poor behavior continues, or escalates further, a (very short) temporary server ban with a note about reading the rules would seem in order. After warning the player, an in depth search of their ckey on other servers for bans may be useful in determining what action to take in the future.

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed? Quickly check the antagonist panel to make sure they aren't antagonists, as well as checking say logs to rule out metacomms. Assuming neither are antagonist, and they show no signs of metacomming, I would ask Player 1 why they made a combat mech for an assistant and add a note to both players about possible meta buddying, along with a verbal warning. I would move on to ask Player 2 why they, as an assistant, acquired a combat mech from science and decided that instead of handing the mech over to security, immediately escalated the situation by attempting lethal force. This would warrant a note about powergaming and poor escalation. According to their response and attitude, perhaps a temporary ban from the server with a note to re-read the server rules.
Last edited by Trojan_Coyote on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cebutris

RE: Trojan_Coyote's Staff Application

Post by cebutris »

This is a good application and you have nothing major against you to my knowledge. I'm inclined to accept this, but I'd like some other opinions first
Awoo

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

Definitely willing to give you a shot but the real question is, will you mesh with the other admins?

Or more importantly

Do I want the other admins to taint you and lure you to the dark side ... the lewd side.

Overall, you know I like you, but I'm not dead-certain on how you'd do with the responsibility.

100% support for a moderator role and promotion pending performance there.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

Oh man Rag if you think Trojan isn't lewd you're in for a wakeup call
Awoo

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

cebutris wrote: Oh man Rag if you think Trojan isn't lewd you're in for a wakeup call
Let him keep his beliefs :3c

Also, thank both of you for the support, it means a lot. <3
Last edited by Trojan_Coyote on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

subtumaka

Post by subtumaka »

I too approve of this. 
Let us try and see how long it takes for this person to lose their faith in humanity 
and hate the playerbase

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

i approve
good person and good responses.

Ruby Flamewing

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

Give me a hug, a pat on the head, and something to eat - then I'll consider my support.

I'm either sleep deprived or something, but I'm trying to remember ya. I suppose this is my clue to fat up the server more and reacquaint myself with muh peeps.
It is only waffer thin.

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

I've seen ya ingame and on the discord a couple of times and you're pretty chill. You seem to have a firm grasp on what the game's about, and you've been staying out of trouble pretty well recently. Not once have I ever had to ree at you.

I'm not surprised there's been unanimous approval for ya so far.

+support

Ruby Flamewing

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

IT'S NOT "REEEE", IT'S "WRYYYY".
[INTERNAL SCREAMING]

But just consider this a follow-up with my post. Folks are saying you're good, and that means you must be good if you're getting this much support. So I, too, shall support you.
I still would like a headpat, if that's okay. ' ^'
It is only waffer thin.