Faux/Midnight_117's staff app.

Midnight_117

Faux/Midnight_117's staff app.

Post by Midnight_117 »

BYOND ckey: Midnight_117
Character name: Faux, Ryan Hunter
Discord username (+user id):Fauxgolf#0001
How long have you played on Citadel?: Since around October or November.
How long have you played SS13?: Since July 6th 2016.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: PST/GMT-7, My hours of activity are usually from 3PM-12AM, sometimes later.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: G-Mod, it ranges from CWRP to Halo and TTT servers, only game I’ve dumped all my time into more or less.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevinz00
Reason for application: I’ve been thinking about applying for a while now and since I already play this game more than I probably should, why not give the staff team a hand while I’m at it.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention.
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.

You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed?
Well, this seems like just a normal bar fight that breaks out every now and then, I'd just make sure to keep an eye on Player 2 to make sure they didn't go about doing this again. Honestly, it's just an IC issue, really no reason to get admins involved.

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed?
Is it a secret round? Are they an antag? If so I would just let them do their thing until something admin worthy really needs me to get involved with this player, if not I'd just continue to observe the player. If they continued to go on with breaking in to places, I'd just bwoink them asking what they're up to and why they're breaking into these listed places. It's not against the rules to not speak but it just seems a little off-putting for the majority of the people.I'd just continue to keep an eye on the fella until something really needs me to get involved, but if it was an extended round and they were breaking into the bridge or someplace that you really shouldn't be trying to get into then I'd bwoink the guy asking what the reason is for all of this as well as leave a note on their account saying that they might have a tendency to break into places that they shouldn't be in.

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed?

Now, the easy way would just to call it a secret round and the fact that they're both antags, but also check logs to see if they swapped any words before this, if not I feel it'd be safe to assume metacomming with some out of game form of communication in which I would go on to bwoink the both of them asking what's going on and how player 1 knew to make a mech for player 2 without
exchanging any words to start with. In the end it'd probably end with both players getting a short three day ban or such for metacomming using something outside of game chat. Now if they had been using ingame chat it'd be safe to just leave it at that but I'd keep an eye on player 2 just to make sure. Now, as for an extended round I'd probably say the safest bet is metafriending as well as a bwoink to player 1 for making a combat mech on a green shift in the first place without any real reason as well as a bwoink to player 2 once they died asking why they did that in the first place. In the end, player 1 would receive a note for possible metafriending with player 2, while player 2 would probably receive a ban for a short period of time as well as a note, seeing as how attacking sec on a green shift in a combat mech can't really be explained.

deathride58

RE: Faux/Midnight_117's staff app.

Post by deathride58 »

No major incidents spring to mind, you've got no notes, but you are a softie.

My biggest worry is that you'll probably burn out much faster than all of the current staff members have. Being a staff member for an SS13 server is pretty stressful, and combining it with all the drama that comes along with the presence of the furry community results in a recipe for alcohol addiction.

So long as you know exactly what it is you're getting into, I'll give my +support

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

You still owe me a dinner date.

I'm good to let you take a stab at it if that's what you want, and if nobody has any major grievances with it
Awoo

Ruby Flamewing

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

I have.
One issue with this.

You're not staff already. Let's look at fixing that, aye?
I also like your answers, but just uh...don't get burnt out too hard or fast, okay? It's rough here.
It is only waffer thin.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1
one of the few gems
Last edited by kevinz000 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

Newest potential for the hit sequel to the beloved Burnout series?

Time will tell!