Staff Application - Fractious

Fractious

Staff Application - Fractious

Post by Fractious »

BYOND ckey: Fractious

Character name:  Viola Ash
Discord username (+user id): Fract'#7500
How long have you played on Citadel?: 3-4 years (Back when people could be tiny or giant)
How long have you played SS13?: 6 years
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: 6:00PM EST - 12:00AM EST during the week, and 2:00PM EST - 4:00AM EST during week-ends.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: I've done a lot of testing on a private server I hosted myself with a few friends to test most of the tools.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Minecraft server (2 years as GM) and Gmod
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevinz000, Derkuleen, Midnight_117
Reason for application: I've considered applying since a long while, but always felt like I wasn't ready to take the post of an admin and enforce the rules. Now that I believe that I would be a great candidate, here I am doing this leap.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
I'd try to calm them down first with a message in OOC (Implying the altercation is in OOC) and ask them to stop. If they keep going after all this I would try to understand the issue by asking them via private messages (bwoinks). I would give them a warning if it's not too heavy and hope they stop. If they keep going after that, even after all the warnings, I would OOC mute the person who won't listen or escalate if they go too far (Death threat and such).

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
The implied admin should not at ALL answer any ahelps at all the moment he is implied in one of them. He must not handle the issue by himself, since he will be extremely biased in his favor. He should rather ask for another admin to deal with the issue (DM other admins on the Discord). The unbiased Admin should handle the situation from that point by acting like the implied admin was just a normal player and take his decision by log-diving and asking both sides of the party their version of the story, as if it was just a normal ahelp. 

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Alright, so I'm assuming I got an ahelp of someone rule breaking a current round (In this example player X stole a fire-axe and killed player Y). First I would try to check logs, (Did player X just killed player Y without saying a single word and is currently trying to kill even more people with no reasons or was he antag?). Second I would try to understand what happened with both parties (Maybe it was just a proper escalation or player X is antag). Then I would try to see if the person indeed broke one or multiple rules (Self-antaging, griefing, etc...). I would afterwards check for previous notes. (Maybe player X is a well known rule breaker already.). Then I would try to sanction the rule breaker according to his offense(s) and if it is a repeated offense and such. I would obviously perma-ban an evident griefer on the spot (Max-capping as non-antag with zero context and disconnected when questionned).

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
The moment it would give them advantages on the current round (Knowing the gamemode/antags as Security), especially on Secrets rounds. An admin should in no doubt, de-admin himself if he is the antagonist of the current round.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To be friendly with every players, be funny yet know when to be serious and enforce the rules. Hold no grudges against players due to the past and simply fairly enforce the rules. They should be respectful of the players as much as other admins, since we are a tight community. They should be able to not crush under failure or mistakes and be a good pillar of the server.

That's all for my dear application, I hope you guys will leave me a chance to prove myself worthy.

Jablo240

RE: Staff Application - Fractious

Post by Jablo240 »

Please make Viola an admin, I love you forever

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

I support viola as an Admin. For the most part I really cant think of anything /bad/ to say about Viola. They clearly took their time with this post and I cant think of anything to say against them. Their history and notes also do not discount them as a min. If my vote carry's any weight (yet) as such a junior min i bump this.
I turn coffee into passing grades

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

good person.
while their IC playstyle is controversial to some i find no practical problem with. they're fun and they know how to have fun.
give them a run.

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

I've always known you as a shitter, but if everybody else is saying nothing but positive about you, we could see how you do when given power.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

You're definitely a solid member of the community, and seem to have positive standing with the majority of people. You've got my thumbs up if you think you've got what it takes!