Staff Application - SgtRyder

SgtRyder

Staff Application - SgtRyder

Post by SgtRyder »

BYOND ckey: SgtRyder
Character name: Dubious Doctor
Discord username (+user id): Ryderly Handsome#6302
How long have you played on Citadel?: Maybe 7 or 8 months.
How long have you played SS13?: Since August 28th 2017 or about 9 months.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: 5:00PM CDT - 12:00AM CDT or 5:00PM CDT - 4:00AM CDT every other weekend. Schedule varies however.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: N/A
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Was once a Moderator on some Minecraft server long ago.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevinz000
Reason for application: Kev seems to think I'm levelheaded enough for this for some reason. Figured if they think I can admin, perhaps I could try.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

If they are arguing over something I'd try to figure out what's going on and see if it's something I need to involve myself in and remind them to not carry grudges after the round ends. And if it's in the middle of the round I'd probably want to stop them from continuing the argument throughout the round and clogging the chat window with their OOC squabble.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

They should stay out of it if they're personally involved as the ahelping player needs the help of an unbiased admin.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

Admin should look to see how severely they broke the rules and the conditions under which they were broken. They should also see if the player is a repeat offender before deciding how severe a punishment they deserve.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

I'm not too sure what all comes with adminship and 'de-admin'ing yourself, but I'd assume you should de-admin when you are trying to be just like the other players, that is, you should de-admin when you're trying to hunt for antagonists or are an antagonist yourself.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

To make sure nobody is breaking the rules, respond appropriately when someone does, and make sure the other players are having a fun engaging experience.
Last edited by SgtRyder on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derkuleen

RE: Staff Application - SgtRyder

Post by derkuleen »

im not sure how you're going to respond to Ahelps with out breaking your oath? unless you can emote responses.
Are you sure you want to do this? your reason seems to be that you were told you'd be a good candidate. You really should'nt unless you have a strong reason to want to. If, however, you want to. by all means. you've a pretty good history and I cant think of any issues you cause, off hand. If this is something you're prepared to do and feel like you want to maybe lets see how it works out.
I turn coffee into passing grades

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

i call dibs on this one
Last edited by kevinz000 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SgtRyder

Post by SgtRyder »

derkuleen wrote: im not sure how you're going to respond to Ahelps with out breaking your oath? unless you can emote responses.
Are you sure you want to do this? your reason seems to be that you were told you'd be a good candidate. You really should'nt unless you have a strong reason to want to. If, however, you want to. by all means. you've a pretty good history and I cant think of any issues you cause, off hand. If this is something you're prepared to do and feel like you want to maybe lets see how it works out.
I'd like to at least give it a try. And about breaking my oath, I don't think I gotta worry about getting lynched by the crew if I'm a ghost.
Last edited by SgtRyder on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.