Nylon_blitz

Character name:

Gunther Krakov, Cerina C.S.I.S.

Discord username (+user id):

Nylon#4691

How long have you played on Citadel?:

I can't remember very well but I'd say likely 4 or 3 months

How long have you played SS13?:

6 months or so I think. My account was made on Jun. 21, 2017 just to note.

What is your timezone/general hours of activity?:

MDT 9AM-12am normally in most days but I generally work about 32 hours a week with a very erratic work schedule. So I may not be available for certain times.

Previous SS13 related admin experience:

N/A

Previous non-SS13 relatedadmin experience:

Was a Head admin for a Warthunder clan that slowly decayed into its demise but had great friendships and experiences.

Current administrators who have agreed to support your application:

There is one who would but it would be not appropriate to disclose as of yet.

Reason for application:

Thought about becoming an admin as some people suggested I give it a try although it may be best to start as a moderator for the time being till I feel that I am stable enough to take the responsibility of the role. Mainly for personal and medical reasons. Still recovering from an addiction, currently taking a new prescription which is helping a lot but need time to make sure its consistent as to assist of what my doctor specified as "Borderline Schizophrenia."

With that note, my motive for this application is an opportunity to assist the staff members and helping users to resolve issues and conflicts they may have with server rules. I honestly find enjoyment in knowing all my efforts and time will be benefit to the community. Not much I could say about how I could reflect since it has been awhile but I mostly dealt with recruiting, interviews, and assisting other members. The skills I have learned from observing other admins, interviews, and the experiences I had wen't through at work.

I'm also used to drama for quite a bit of my life, been through the Psychiatric ward twice, Car accident, cursed, and threatened. Things can be aggressive at times but I always see the good in things and reflect upon it. For the most part, hardly ever lost in doubt because I will know I'm contributing for the growth and sustainability of the community.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

Interestingly enough, I had to deal with this first hand on a RP server about two people arguing about a drink. So the absurdity can vary for any case.

I would look into the situation for the very reason as of how this argument started, check in with them via LOOC to please cease while asking what they were arguing about. If the argument is related to something as a drink needing to be paid or something then they should depart.

As some may be, anyone can be difficult; if one or neither complies will receive a final warning or deal with a temporary ban or time out in the admin jail. The third instance with strong evidence that this is continuing will result the specified punishment. This may seem a bit lenient but I like having moments of two players to reconcile; albeit reluctantly can bring a positive and more peaceful outcome but this isn't always the case.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

I should refer another admin to look into the situation, like most applications that I've seen and how my supervisor once put it if there is a disbute involving myself, I should have another staff member look into it so the evaluation can be fair and unbiased as possible. If I were to be proven at fault, I will accept the fact that I was in the wrong and take every criticism to note. Whatever the punishment, whether be a temporary ban or demotion, I will not argue against it.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

I'll look into what the player has done within logs for anything related that would normally be legitimate if the person was antag or not, signs of reasons of IC to IC escalation, see how the ahelp is worded on see if its heavily emotionally driven (usually are) and take into consideration   of how I should approach this. Responding in somewhat stern text can invoke higher agitation. Speaking politely and in a manner most understandable can allow the user to accept fault and move along more peacefully. Users who are griefing would require some investigation from a look into notes and logs. If the behaviour is very aggressive and relentless, I'll make an apparent admin-pm to cease his activity. If the person continues its rampage or disconnects will receive a perma ban with all the information to appeal, date, time, and that I issued it. A final not will be placed on their record for future reference.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

Most people would feel comfortable if all de-admin during all types of rounds unless needed for admin related interventions and IC related interactions such as Centcom messages, etc. Any information can be taken advantage of in some respects of objects, mobs, player positions, and hidden events. It is the admin's responsibility that if the person were to know anything, they must never used information given from ghosting or from any sources that could affect the round negatively for one or multiple parties.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

An admin must be respectful and welcome people into the community. Show and attempt to understand, since not every rule broken is intentional as some can be caused by anxiety (much like how my first round as wizard, which is in my notes.) and can be asked from a simple and subtle looc message. Don't be afraid to ask for help, there is no shame for having assistance since everyone is learning something. Listen to criticisms and give input to show you have learned something from the critique and will make note of it for better improvement. Having players some influence towards admins can build very strong bonds and trust for the long term. It is also important that there isn't anything that would instigate negative behaviour such as the use of Lastly its important for everyone to have a positive experience.

On a final note, I wish to thank the staff for sparing their time to maintain the community and offering guidance to new players while giving a spark of life for the server. I have received many positive experiences but please share some honest opinions and judgement of this application. If you feel that I shouldn't become admin or moderator at this time, feel free to share. I won't bite.