PolymorphBlue - Administrator Application

Polymorph

PolymorphBlue - Administrator Application

Post by Polymorph »

BYOND ckey: PolymorphBlue
Character name: Annabelle Whitefur / Nikolai Blackfur
Discord username (+user id): Vixen#1497
How long have you played on Citadel?: 3-4 Months
How long have you played SS13?: 13-14 Years (Long break of inactivity)
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: PST 5-12
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None - Before my break I was involved in /tg/ moreso in the coding side, which had knockon effects to the administrative side, but no direct involvement.  
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: I ran a few small clans, I DM a D&D group, I've run a few servers on various games (Dystopia, some text based ones)
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevinz000
Reason for application: Kevinz000 is making me send help.  In all seriousness, I think I can help.  The RP server needs a constant administrator presence to play the role of Centcomm, and ones who enjoy paperwork / storytelling.  I think I'm a good storyteller, and enjoy that sort of thing.  Additionally, from a rule enforcement side, I think I'm level headed and I want to see everyone have fun.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Try and understand the situation at a glance, politely request a solution if I see one, but at the same time request that they stop the altercation.  Mute OOC if required.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Request another admin take over the situation - if another admin isn't available, view the event in the most favourable light to the other party

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Using precedent if possible, but at the same time, using the lightest touch possible that still prevents the rule violation from occurring.  Intent, past behavior, and shown remorse factor into this, as well as the severity of the offense.  

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Opportunistically (I.E. other admins are playing), especially when playing story-critical roles.   When playing roles such as antag, as well

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To be professional, to act in the best interests of the playerbase as a whole, and to make people feel like and enjoy playing here.

derkuleen

RE: PolymorphBlue - Administrator Application

Post by derkuleen »

Kev is typically a pretty good judge of character-except for when it involves catboys or catgirls, barring that i typically trust his suggestions. Your responses are a tad short, but these questions kinda bait shitty short responses. other than that i find your responses favorable. I also really look forward to having more admins for the RP server since its constantly needing one. you get a +1 from me
I turn coffee into passing grades

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

You're basically a no-brainer for a staff position. From what I've seen of you, you've exhibited quite a few positive traits that would be excellent for someone in a staff position, such as remaining level-headed under stressful situations, not taking the game deathly seriously, etc etc. Your status as a returning veteran from times of old with no associated infamy or other negative reputation is also a huge plus.

+1

Worgilisk

Post by Worgilisk »

You're a DM for a D&D group, eh?
I'd ask for details about how that group's been fairing, but that's optional.

Still, a good story teller, a coder and an experienced player could make for a good admin - you've got my support.
Ex-Citadel Admin

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

I don't know you as a player personally so far, but judging from your past and that Kevinz is ready to back you up, I give you my support.
Best of luck,
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1 have no doubt that you'll be good.

ZeroNetAlpha

Post by ZeroNetAlpha »

+1 Sure, why not.

Midnight_117

Post by Midnight_117 »

+1 If Kev is willin' to support ya' then so am I.