Useroth - Admin Application

Useroth

Useroth - Admin Application

Post by Useroth »

BYOND ckey: Useroth
Character name: Edgar Kepplinger (and a couple of much less known ones)
Discord username (+user id): Useroth #6014
How long have you played on Citadel?: Almost 2 years now.
How long have you played SS13?: Almost 4 years now.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: UTC+1, though hours of activity vary a lot due to IRL circumstances
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Mostly non-RP, such as CS 1.6, back in the day.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Fractious, Zeldazackman, Darkseed, Izzy, Derkuleen
Reason for application: I've been a part of this community for quite some time now and I feel like it's time to give it something back and have my part in making Citadel a bit better place.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

Depends on the severity. Mild banter that defuses on its own after a short exchange wouldn't be something worth an intervention. I don't believe silencing players is always the solution, but if it's a shitstorm, I'd temporarily mute OOC and advise the participants to solve it in some more direct form of communication.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

Barring extreme exceptions, such as blatant and obvious straight griefing, another, impartial and uninvolved admin should be called as an arbiter.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

The punishment should depend on the severity of the infraction, the amount of people harmed by it directly or indirectly, the recidivism of the perpetrator (more = harsher sentence), as well as their attitude and how helpful/unhelpful they were in reaching the solution of the issue.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

An admin should deadmin themselves when they play a role important in the round, such as a head of staff, a member of the security department or an antagonist, or if they happen to take part directly in a round where gamemode-important interactions are inevitable, such as team gamemodes.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

To be an example of proper conduct as a member of the community, to guide and help new players find their way in it, to enforce the rules as necessary and to attempt to improve the community as a whole.

Dankseed

RE: Useroth - Admin Application

Post by Dankseed »

Have never seen you cause trouble, generally friendly dude both ic and ooc, seen you take entire rounds to go out of your way to help people. Also, your circuit memes. +1

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

As stated in Useroth application, I am vouching for him.
They're a very serious and veteran player of Citadel who only wants good for the server.
I can't really think of a negative thing to say about you sincerely, I've always seen you respect the rules and help the other players in needs.
All in all, I honestly think that they deserve a chance and will be a good admin.
Stay safe,
Last edited by Fractious on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

I promised i would support this app before he submitted it, then i promised i would write a response once he did. here i am several weeks later finally remembering to do so.

As a player pretty solid, would say they dont cause alot of trouble. All in all, as with all the admin candidates thus far, i dont see why not. go ahead and give this a +1 from me!
I turn coffee into passing grades

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

Aye, Edgar gets a solid nod from me on approval as they haven't caused any shit and are a generally well liked member of the community that I know doesn't fuck around.

Was there for their first few rounds as they adjusted to citadel's changes and things were let's just say... a little hilarious, especially once they came face to face with the horrors of semen grenades, pictured is the average reaction that the crew had to it as well.

But again, they've been a decent part of the community and I see no issues with giving them a chance as staff.

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Full support from me. Everyone generally sums up all the positives, and I can't think of any negatives!

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

A solid player with extensive game knowledge and fun gimmicks for tatering. +1 from me