Moderation Application Nethaufer

Nethaufer

Moderation Application Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

BYOND ckey: Nethaufer
Character name: Zigfried Vanburen, Zulu
Discord username: Nethaufer (Zig)#5868
Reason for application:
Still not fully confident in my admin skills, I'd like to apply as a moderator instead, and get myself familiar with the way things are done, and try to help out as much as I can. The answers are from my previous app, that was denied by default due to staff applications being closed.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
I would immediately message both and tell them to stop what they are doing and chill out, or if that doesn't work, tell them to take the argument to another method of discussion, such as PMs.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
If they're involved in a situation, they should alert another admin and have that admin handle the situation, as it wouldn't be proper for an admin involved in an incident to take judgement on their own actions, as that would lead to suspicions of them being biased.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
An admin should determine their method of punishment based off of multiple things, such as the situation and events leading up to the act needing punishment. Previous history of the rulebreaker and how long ago since their last incident and if the previous incident(s) are related to the incident they are pending judgement for.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Admins should de-admin themselves if they are unfit to act in an administrative role at the time, such as if they are really pissed off at something that happened, are too tired and would just like to play, or are otherwise unable to act in a manner required as an admin.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
They're expected to uphold the rules of the servers fairly, and without bias. This goes for both players on the server, and within the community. They are also expected to be somewhat professional when it goes to dealing with incidents.

kevinz000

RE: Moderation Application Nethaufer

Post by kevinz000 »

you're alright
+1 from me

Worgilisk

Post by Worgilisk »

Nice to see you making another application, Zig.

I'd add that there's other reasons why an admin should de-admin though - particularly if they take up a role where having such admin tools even passively running in the background could offer a substantial increase in power. E.g. Basically any antag role.

Other than that though, I'd happily see you aboard the admin team. +1 from me.
Ex-Citadel Admin

Improvedname

Post by Improvedname »

+1

Polymorph

Post by Polymorph »

Answers seem reasonable, my interactions have been positive. +1

Worgilisk

Post by Worgilisk »