Admin Application - Evoturd

Evoturd

Admin Application - Evoturd

Post by Evoturd »

BYOND ckey: Evoturd
Character name: Vladimir 'Red' Hut'kan
Discord username (+user id): Evoturd#3461
How long have you played on Citadel?: Going on my second year roughly around early October. (Actively playing)
How long have you played SS13?: Since 2016, no idea when I began this nightmare.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: PDT, generally on almost all day from 12pm to 12am. Depends on when I work/Pass out
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: SuperAdmin for ADAPTIVE HL2RP server & it's OUTLAND counterpart. Owner of a failed HL2RP, because those things die out fast. Owned a RUST server once but that is like owning a disabled mule. 
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: I'm scared to know if any do.
Reason for application: Quite active with the community as a whole, always wanted to help support with more RP related events on the namesake RP server aswell as give a helping hand to players in need on said server.
Extra-Stuff I should add: I do have three notes! First two were of my earliest year on here. Which was making super-acid as a chemist and boredly spraying a wall during a downshift on MAIN. The other offense was on main aswell when Red threw a guy out an airlock for attacking crew members, which was considered too much after three separate attacks. And the third I almost totally forget, I believe it was due to another "Free vacation outside into space, free of charge!" due to a supermatter explosion that was my fault as a non-antag. I was still learning, and it went kaboom. Rather be blunt and honest about them rather than them come up later.``

Answer Thing-y mag-jig-y!
1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation? 
Ask them to take it to DM's or another private messaging. If an admin is required to help resolve the altercation, then assist with the solving of said altercation. If however, the two players refuse to stop having their argument over LOOC or OOC, then apply temp-OOC bans in order to help prevent a flame-war on said avenues of discussion. OOC chat is not a right to have, it is a privilege. And abusing said privilege has consequences.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Ensure to have another admin come and deal with the situation, preferably somebody neutral to both parties so that Bias is not taken into account.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Deciding punishment should be attributed to taking account of: Previous offenses, broken rules that immediately result in a set punishment (I.E, Ban Evading, Underage Policy, Etc). And judgement by the admin themselves on the severity of the rule-breaking.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Anytime where an admin could have an unfair advantage while playing above regular players. I.E: Antag, Security. Or when incapable of properly applying themselves to their role. I.E: Intoxicated

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To Shadekin and ERP until the Discord flares up in a rage. To be a service to players not only as a moderator of rules and events, but to give fair judgement and respect to the player-base and listen to community complaints and feedback to better the server and its events.

Blep-Lep

RE: Admin Application - Evoturd

Post by Blep-Lep »

I've known Evo for a while, both IC and OOC, and he's been quite dependable, so I give him my worthless +1

Kerbal22

Post by Kerbal22 »

+1

Red may play an absolutely horrific and offensive character, but he's a good person and i believe he could do a lot of good.

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

I know I have no authority in this decision ultimately, but I really think Red has the capabilities. Sure he has things about him that some might not like, but don't we all? In his case, he is a pretty darn awesome guy to be around, both ICly and OOCly. I support him even though it's the admins decisions if he truly becomes one.
Last edited by StellarWolf on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

areebur

Post by areebur »

yes please
gestapo station +1
im going fuck kill mode

Worgilisk

Post by Worgilisk »

Well, you certainly have a lot of community support already, huh?
Though from your answers and generally long play-time here, I'd give you mine as well.
But from my own past interactions with you and your character... do try and limit yourself from answering too many outlandish and/or crazy prayers, as an Admin.

+1
Ex-Citadel Admin

Improvedname

Post by Improvedname »

+1

Dallas Sterckx

Post by Dallas Sterckx »

Given my own experience with Red, and what energy I think he can bring to the position, this gets my support too. I can't think of any other current applicant who's more suited.

+1

Useroth

Post by Useroth »

Certainly not opposed.
+1

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

Im in favor , as bad a person ICly they are oocly they seem to have a good grasp of the rules +1