Moderator Application: AvaricePleonexia

AvaricePleonexia

Moderator Application: AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

BYOND ckey: Avarice_Pleoenxia
Character name: Rejiih Khazan / Avarice
Discord username (+user id): Avarice#1619
Reason for application: I have several hundred hours on both the RP server, and Main, without summing the two. Needless to say, I have a vested interest in keeping the quality of the server high, not only for my own enjoyment, but, the enjoyment of both old and new players. I've already asked, and received mentorship for that sole reason; to improve the new player's experience and offer them some manner of assistance. I'm not shooting for full adminship, not yet, because, while I'm entirely confident in my ability to stay cool-headed and handle a situation, I'm still incredibly new to Byond, in relation to some of the people who have been playing for years now. I'm applying specifically for moderator because with my playtime having only been six months I expect and fully understand why people would doubt my judgement; the way I view it, best to start off small and see if I can't work my way up to being an Admin sometime later on down the line.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Depends on where the altercation is taking place. I envision three scenarios where an out of character agreement will disrupt normal conversation, the first being the most grievous, lashing out through OOC chat. If it's evident that neither party is willing to drop the matter, that's two cease and desist boinks, one to both players. Of course, no punishment is going to be doled out on a first offense, especially if they calm down after moderator intervention, and we resolve the matter, however, if they continue to be disruptive, I'd call in an admin, and, speak with them over the correct course of action. LOOC, is another matter in my eyes. If the incident was minor, I'd request that both parties take it to DMs or some other private messaging system out of game so as to not drag other people into it. I'd also request that both parties calm down, and, work with each other to see if they can come to a reasonable resolution. If this is a matter of meta-grudging, and meta-harassment, especially if the harassment persists between shifts/rounds, I would call in an admin to review the logs with me, and discuss if punishment might be appropriate. Then there is the matter of a Discord OOC altercation, wherein, I would immediately tell all parties involved to either resolve it, or take the conversation somewhere more appropriate, such as DMs. If they continue to be disruptive and prevent normal flow of conversation in the channels, I'd request an admin help me deal with the escalation.
2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Never. Ever. Treat your own ahelps. Get someone else, every time. No matter who you are, your background, how pure, how cogent, pragmatic or sensible you believe yourself to be, you aren't. As a player, you're too involved to be making any calls. What is needed, is an unbiased, third party. One is who not influenced by the actions that had transpired, and, one who can make sense of the events as they occurred. Distancing oneself is a good idea, only speaking when spoken to about what had happened, as well as not trying to lay and claims of the events that eventuated, lest you be too hasty and get caught up saying something that isn't true.
3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Take it step by step. No rule breaking is ever the same, there is no solid one way to punish all rule breaks. There is, however, a method to the madness. Take into consideration the situation, how grievous of a rule break was it? What actually inspired the rule break? Previous history of the breaker of the rules, do they have any notes? Is this a first time offense? How new are they to the game, and are they necessarily intimate with the rules? Was it just toeing the line of a rule break, and, if so, was it an accident, or intentional? Determining intent is always incredibly difficult, but, incredibly important when dictating a punishment. And finally, ALWAYS get a second opinion. Be it from another moderator, an admin, a headmin or God-forbid Leon or Jay get involved. Always get a second opinion.
4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
In the event of question two. When they're not sober enough to make appropriate, or perform, administration decisions or duties. When there is already a sizable number of admins online, and, you just want to enjoy a shift or two without worrying. SS13 is a game after all. Anger is another good reason to take away your own power temporarily, people do stupid things when they're not thinking rationally, even more so when they're angry.
5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To be a shining example of a stellar player, or at least, a good one at the very least. To follow and uphold the rules of the server to their fullest. To be personable, as well as professional, involving matters of the game, administration and friendship. Neutrality is a strong aspect in a good administrator, giving and taking no preferential treatment from players. An admin is meant to be respectful, courteous, have integrity, take responsibility for their actions and be a positive influence on the community as a whole. Finally, and most importantly, to make sure people have fun playing on the server.
Ckey: Avarice_Pleonexia

Didn't realize I misspelled it until after I posted :c
Last edited by AvaricePleonexia on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The bigger your shoes, the bigger your dick. The bigger your car, the smaller your dick.

No wonder people are so afraid of clowns.

geemiesif

RE: Moderator Application: AvaricePleonexia

Post by geemiesif »

Ill give you a +1

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Reggie is a sweetheart in nearly all forms, and is gonna be the nicemin who gets their feelings hurt by players being stupid. +1

CawingCrow

Post by CawingCrow »

lengthy and meaningful answer combined with a kind personality. Never saw them causing any trouble, definitely a +1 from me. Cute cat as well!

madamheichou

Post by madamheichou »

Very nice responses. +1

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

I know nothing about you ICLY and i dont recall seeing your Ckey. That being said, your answers are actually better than the average responses-although still dreadfully generic due to how shitty our application questions are. Everyone seems to think highly of you, i assume they know you ICLY and OOCLY, which bodes well for you as a character and person. Since your responses were satisfactory its worth at least giving you a +1 and assuming your time zone puts you on when current active admins are not on you could be quite beneficial.

EDIT: having been messaged and communicating with Mister Khazan, i've been informed of their hours. As such since I would full support this application because their hours will likely put them on at times where fewer active mins are online. Awesome.
Last edited by derkuleen on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I turn coffee into passing grades

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

Finally you made an app. I've been waiting for like fifty fucking millennia for you to make one. You're one of the few people that really stick out as staff material. If I were the only Headmin, this application would've been accepted on the spot.
You are a player that all players should strive to be like. A shining gem among a sea of potatoes. Even though you haven't been here for a long time, you've managed to earn yourself a globally positive reputation among staff and players alike, a lot of people know who you are, and very few actually hate you. Additionally, you've shown an excellent understanding of the rules, and you have no major incidents; matter of fact, you only have one note on main despite having a higher-than-average connection count within the six months you've been here, and the note in question is for something pretty minor.
Can't wait to see you on the team. +1

kfive

Post by kfive »

Reggie is the fun peppy character that Aimee fails to be. Also, had pretty good long-term interactions so here's my worthless +1.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1 This is a really well thought out application and you're a really good player. I've seen nothing but positivity and good attitude/personality from you.

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

If you be a bad girl as a moderator, I will bap you! But I don't see you being bad, you are always a sweetheart.  :heart:
Last edited by StellarWolf on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ERP is like a box of chocolates. Sweet, satisfying, and addicting!