Green lizard for moderator hell

Wizard

Green lizard for moderator hell

Post by Wizard »

BYOND ckey: DiscordWizard
Character name: Soars - The - Skies and many more
Discord username (+user id): Wizard#8520
Reason for applocation: I consider myself able to settle arguments and issues peacefully while following any laws or rules, plus I've been told once or twice that I would be a good moderator so I decided to apply to see if I am fit for it and to give out a hand aswell.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Personally I'd try to see if it's an ic issue that they are discussing in looc, and tell them to move it to looc or pms if they are discussing ic issues in global ooc. Of the problem they have is not related to the round or their characters or they are escalating it badly from an ic issue i would try to act as mediator to see what their problem is and try to resolve it to the best of my abilities. If despite this they keep on going i would make them stop to discuss it after the round has finished or in discord to save everyone else around them from an ooc dispute.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
They shouldn't try to solve it themselves really. They are probably part of a rule breaking situation or ic/ooc issue and as such biased towards their side despite whatever intentions they may have so they should ahelp for a fellow admin/mod to look into the issue and solve it, aswell as providing them with any information that may help with resolving the situation.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Diverse things should be taken into account. The most important would be which rule was broken, the background/notes/past broken rules of the infractor, their intentions and the reasons because they broke the rule, obviously taking into account information from any involved people or witnesses of the infraction.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
I am not sure what de-admining means so I will assume it's removing any all seeing powers and such. So they should de-admin themselves when they are either playing security to avoid accidental metagaming, head roles probably to avoid again accidental metagaming, antag roles and... well I suppose any kind of crew job incase they are someone's objective. I am not sure what the thoughts about playing an admined assistant are but you must be really good at self control and role playing to not accidentally call out a traitor or avoid someone you know they are an antag. So I suppose de-admin if you wanna play a crewmember or antag to play it safe.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
They are expected to uphold the rules and punish jnfractors with professionality and no amount of bias, able to maintain a logical and not emotionally affected view of the situation and proof provided to avoid acting unfair against the players and infractor. They are expected to listen to their fellow staff and players, to help them out and to be an example of law abiding non drama stirring anti icky ocky roleplayer.

madamheichou

RE: Green lizard for moderator hell

Post by madamheichou »

I trust this lizzer, good answers. +1

Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Oh no I forgot to comment about the fabled bus responsibility. Welp not even sure mods are even capable of it so that's the app.

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

Heck, this lizard! All of my involvement both ICly and OOCly have just been perfection. I can't even say a single bad thing about you. Just everything about you is good. Best of luck getting on the staff team!
ERP is like a box of chocolates. Sweet, satisfying, and addicting!

Soranayo

Post by Soranayo »

I've only had good interactions with you IC and OOC,i'm giving you a +1, i trust you can be a good moderator. Stay a good liznerd.

Tupina

Post by Tupina »

I have had purely good ooc and ic interactions with them, and they are very friendly and rational. Good candidate.

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

Another well written post. although again, i must express my distaste with our application questions. I have no strong opinion one way or the other for you. If your time zone would permit you be on when theres is few admins on then i would give a +1 if however you would be on during the hours when active admins are already on i dont see how you as an addition would be helpful, other than reducing workload- which if others think is necessary by all means +1 this.
I turn coffee into passing grades

CawingCrow

Post by CawingCrow »

I'm bias. +1

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

hM sure ill give ya that +1

Worgilisk

Re: Green lizard for moderator hell

Post by Worgilisk »

Well, the answers are certainly long, though not the most satisfactory - I myself have an issue with how you handled the first, since telling people to handle IC issues over PMs is quite the invitation to be meta-communicating.
But since that's something that can be learnt about, and you seem to have plenty of trust from others, I'll give you a +1 for support.