Tupina - Moderator Application

Tupina

Tupina - Moderator Application

Post by Tupina »

BYOND ckey: Tupinambis
Character name: Archibald Gregowski (Was Lambda Chi)
Discord username (+user id): Tupina#1837
Reason for application: I want to do my own part in making the main server a more enjoyable experience as a whole. This in part involves ensuring that certain players do not become and issue that ruins the enjoyment of the game for others. I hope to be an extra layer of defense against problematic players and rule breaks.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
    Obviously depends on the severity, but if it devolves into insults and "yelling", clogs up chat, involves IC information, or is in general very disruptive. I will start by kindly asking them to stop, and to take it to DM's if need be. If they continue I will intervene with PM's telling each player to stop, or they will be OOC muted. If they continue, an OOC ban will be put in place, length varying on severity and the number of offences.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
    An admin should never directly intervene in a situation they are involved in, as that would carry personal bias, with the exception of someone blatantly griefing (ex. Attacking large sums if players as nonantag without provocation.) Instead, they should request that another admin looks into the situation, whether that be through an ahelp of their own or  through another administrative channel.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
 This depends on the severity, intent, and context of the rule break, as well as how the player reacts to a private message. A polite player that took the spare while there were no heads on the station as a nonantag, could simply be let off with a warning, and maybe a note at most. Meanwhile someone escalating a minor ic conflict over insulated gloves for example, to killing the other player and spacing them, and then proceeding to be rude during ahelps, or simply disconnecting upon PM, may get a lengthy or permanent ban. Repeat offenders may be judged more harshly than a first time offender

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
   If an admin is playing an important role: (command, antags, anything particularly important to that round). If an admin is in a mental or physical state that would impair their ability to admin: (exhaustion, pain, drinking, sickness, stress, etc.). Or even if they don't particularly feel like adminning (if they don't want to do it they are unlikely to do the best job

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
 An admin is expected to be impartial and rational when handling in game issues, and to handle players with reason and respect (treat them like people because they are). An admin is expected to do their best to improve the experience of it's players, and help improve the server as a whole.
Last edited by Tupina on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Soranayo

RE: Tupina - Moderator Application

Post by Soranayo »

Only had positive interactions with both characters, i do think you'd be a good addition to the team and i wholly support your app. +1.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

wee woo wee woo bad opinions coming in

Insofar as your 4th question's answer, it's my opinion an admin shouldn't even log in when they're drunk or intoxicated.

Otherwise, you seem very sane. You play the game well and don't raise any of my flags. Solid addition, imo.

StellarWolf

Post by StellarWolf »

Hello again Tupina! How could I even forget you in the least? Always enjoyed my interactions with you in every way. Easily would make a good main addition to the staff team! I wish you the best of luck!
Last edited by StellarWolf on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ERP is like a box of chocolates. Sweet, satisfying, and addicting!

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

I like Archibald but he's a tad hot headed. I think he would be a tad strict and his enforcement of the rules would be "very by the book." not that there is anything wrong with this, this would be perfect for the RP server. These assumptions are based upon my observations, particularly of Dchat and some of their OOC. if you're applying to work on the RP server +1, sure. If not, maybe give it a pass.
I turn coffee into passing grades

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

You're extremely active, and you actually care. So yeah. +1

Tupina

Post by Tupina »

I wouldn't call myself by the book per se, but I would be more strict in terms of actions that negatively affect other players (when it's multiple in particular.) And as for hot headedness, that would not translate into PM's and administrative matters. There is a time and place to vent.

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

ill give ya a +1

madamheichou

Post by madamheichou »

Very good application and answers! 1+ :heart:

CawingCrow

Post by CawingCrow »

Personally, I think you complain way too often about nonsense, and such attitude might be troublesome as a Staff. However, the application answers are alright, therefore it's just a -0.5.