RogueSteampunker

[roguesteampunker] Administrator Application

Post by RogueSteampunker »

BYOND ckey: roguesteampunker
Character name: Lucy Licorice
Discord username (+user id): RogueSteampunker#5237
How long have you played on Citadel?: About a year and a half
How long have you played SS13?: for around two years
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Central Standard Time, with general activity throughout the day but particularly within the aternoon to evening times.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Current admin on tg for a year.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: n/a
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevinz000
Reason for application: Because much like on tg, I'd like to take a step up from my current position to better contribute to the server and it's players, making it an interesting and moderated platform to participate in.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

If it was within ooc, I'd temporarily mute the channel to keep it from being a full on screaming match between multiple players. At which point, I'd send an admin message to each of them, discussing with both the issue they have with one another and how they can better handle it without causing a scene. At which point, after reminding the both of them that the ooc channel isn't for such arguments, I'd unmute the channel, and hopefully have it handled without further action necessary. It would remain relatively similar if it was within the discord, but instead telling the both of them to move it to dms and messaging them both over the subject once more, taking further action if they continue to cause a ruckus afterwards.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

They should look over the details of the situation, take in account the parties involved and the potential rules that have been broken, and proceed to message the parties responsible, preferably those who reported or were affected by the situation first, and then the culprit(s) that were then named. After which, log searching and general questioning should be done, and a decision reached after that point on whether or not the situation is truly in need of admin intervention or not.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

They should determine it by both the amount of and frequency of notes obtained on a player, and the severity of the rule they've broken. Someone who has been known to cause massive ic in ooc offenses should be more likely to be banned or muted from ooc completely when they announced the gamemode rather than someone who accidentally made a risque message for the first time. Whereas something like blatant self-antagging and grief would be much less tolerated, simply by the natural severity and affect such has on a round and it's players versus the previously mentioned offenses.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

Preferably whenever they're playing while another admin or more are present, but at the very least when they're playing as an antag, a head or sec role, or anyone responsible for issues like repairs and power such as engineering if they're the only admin online.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

To be responsible, quick to act but not overtly eager to punish and gloss over details, and remain ready to help those who need it. It's a position meant to watch over the round and make sure it's kept free of massive breaks within the rules, while also keeping it interesting as the impromptu dungeon master admins can act like. As such, it's to be expected that you're mature, responsible, and willing to do what you need to to keep the server healthy and running.
Last edited by RogueSteampunker on Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geemiesif

Re: [roguesteampunker] Administrator Application

Post by geemiesif »

I think that you would be a great addition to the team.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1 from me, they're experienced and they know their stuff, are a good player, and understand how stuff works well enough to be doing this.

Tupina

Post by Tupina »

+1. They are experienced, seem to know what's what, and have a good history on this server. Good addition to the team.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

Yeah you're okay. A little bit of a memelord shitter but that never stopped Kevinz from being an admin.
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hi Lucy, figured I should review this.

Rogue can for sure be a memelord at times, but they're quite dedicated and got a tons of experience from TG. They're very often active too, which is quite the plus to have around and they can be super sweet.

+1

Take care,
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

Edwardtut

roguesteampunker Administrator Application

Post by Edwardtut »

one of a few Polish people I respect, and i think he would be a great addition in the Admin Staff.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

I've seen you chime in on stuff before in chats other than the main ss13 chat and you always seem to have some somewhat useful input to the situation at hand.
Your responses to the questions are on point, and thus you have my +1