[Kered2] - Moderator Application

Kered

[Kered2] - Moderator Application

Post by Kered »

BYOND ckey: Kered02
Character name: Cerberus
Discord username (+user id): Flump #2620
Reason for application: My general experience on main, and on RP to a more limited extent, and my desire to be more involved with ensuring a positive experience for all players on the server.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Establish the primary reason for the altercation first and foremost, by independently questioning each participant in the altercation in a calm and relaxed manner, if possible, then cross-referencing the accounts with logs if necessary and moving from there, finding out whether it is due to conflict between their characters ICly or an unrelated boiling over of tensions OOCly. From there I can attempt to find out if this is a pre-existing grudge or a flaring of tensions, attempt to clarify miscommunications between the two characters, engage directly with the primary reason that was initially established, and offer both players an opportunity to let the matter be settled once tensions have died down.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Inform another member of the staff as soon as possible, explaining that due to their involvement with the incident there would be bias present, and they cannot be involved in the matter. Said admin should also do their best to, as a normal player would, provide clear and concise answers to questions and not attempt to sway the course of judgement.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Previous incidents should be first, by examining notes on their account and seeing if the player has done either the exact same thing or something related before, examining these notes for links to the current incident and information provided by staff members in the past. If the player disconnects mid conversation, is excessively argumentative or otherwise directly insulting, or attempts to mislead the admin, this would enhance the punishment, whereas if they were polite, reasonable, calmly and succinctly explained what occured, and worked with the admin, one could consider slightly mitigating the punishemnt.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
If they are taking on board a generally more important role such as a command member with other administrators available, are taking the role of an antagonist (especially a team antagonist as a leader), or believe themselves to be incapable of handling any tickets due to OOC business.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
A certain degree of professionalism, the ability to work calmly and intelligently under pressure, to enforce the rules as necessary, and to work with their fellow administrators in a receptive manner.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Kered2] - Moderator Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

If I remember correctly, you were a strong choice last time. I know you're an excellent follower of rules given how well you play Cerberus, and you have a powerful sense of self restraint. Your answers cover everything (everything I see as being important anyways), but, are short and to the point. +1

Other than giving you some advice - that being, the stress can be crazy sometimes and don't be afraid to take breaks - I think you'd be an excellent addition to the team; especially with how often you're online.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

A thoughtful, friendly, open-minded player. Been around on Citadel longer than I have and I've only ever handled minor tickets against them related to Silicons (which let's face it, Silicons are banbait anyway). Would make a fine choice for moderator. +1

Soranayo

Post by Soranayo »

You've shown multiple time that you cared for the community, answers are well written. Everything that had to be said has already been said by the other mins, i support this. +1

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

Your Ckey is Kered2 not Kered02 for admins who care.

You have a number of negative notes, some by myself and pretty damn old. Others not and not. I'm worried you might be loose with rules about when ERP is and isn't okay, going off your note history. I also worry about inaction in the face of conflict. Can you try to placate my concerns? Can you assure me you're not going to be a metaphorical deer in the headlights?
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Kered

Post by Kered »

Can you specify particular concerns about any of my notes? I don't wish to address them as a blanket statement, nor go over them one by one.
My last issue with the aforementioned ERP was an incident on main, as I barely play on main as it is, and have no illusions about allowing such an issue when, say, a cyborg is ERPing during any sort of crew incident, I don't believe this will come into play.
I'm unsure where the belief about my inactions will originate from, is there something that raises flags in my initial post, or is it more of a general concern about my previous actions?

I can clarify anything you wish, but I don't wish to throw down blanket statements that could probably be contradicted, is all.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

I don't really make specific statements about notes because I know not everyone wants to have their notes meticulously broadcasted for everyone to see. There's a couple (2-3) notes that make me worry and your general conduct put thought into it about inaction. We've got some people who sort-of freeze as it is on the team and we've been pushing them to take action.

More importantly this isn't me trying to nitpick your tickets so I wont say "oh you did x thing so that means you're retarded", it's just observed conduct and considering you have a number of notes referring to you not doing your required role and instead ERPing as a cyborg or Head of Staff.

If you play on RP more than main, now, the ERP thing is way more relevant than it was before; Will you be able to stop what you're doing an address tickets?
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Kered

Post by Kered »

Thanks for the reply and the clarification (if there's some notes that concern you that you'd like some personal clarfication on, feel free to DM me! Although it's not mandatory or anything of course.)

I believe I can absolutely stop what I'm doing and respond to address tickets, as the mechanisms a moderator is provided with make this slightly easier, and a simple LOOC can put things on hold whilst I sort out the naturally more important business of solving any problems that crop up. I can absolutely understand your concerns, and I believe the more low pace environment of RP, where it's unlikely I'll have to rush off for any particular reason, will mean I simply have more time to answer queries and questions.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

There's concerns I have about you regarding certain scenarios in the past on main as well as RP, which I believe around your behavior and playstyle as a silicon/cyborg.
However it's been a while so I'm willing to overlook most of it and assume, from my recent interactions with you, that you're able to conduct yourself better these days.
Also I don't think the ERP thing should be even asked here, unless it's IC behavior that potentially breaks rules. Admins on both servers historically have prioritized scenes over tickets at times, hell you can basically just deadmin, why should we expect them off the bat to promise to immediately drop a scene? Yeah it's bad to ignore tickets but sometimes this happens and the admins who are busy in a scene or busy ICly will want someone else to do it for them, there's no harm in this unless their participation is so low they might as well not be there.
+0.75

DiscordWizard

Post by DiscordWizard »

I've only had good interactions with you both icly and oocly and so far you've been a law abiding silicon player everytime I was involved with you on something in main. I have the same worries that everyone has about avoiding responsibility for scenes but i am certain you'll do well as a staff member.

+ 1 from me.