[MrJWhit] Moderator Application

MrJWhit

[MrJWhit] Moderator Application

Post by MrJWhit »

BYOND ckey: MrJWhit
Character name: Justin Philips
Discord username (+user id): MrJWhit#3640
Reason for application: With the recent surge of new players and the new problems and ahelps that come along with that, I think I would be good as another person to help out with it. I've wanted to help out the community and

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
If this is in SS13: I would first message them both something non-confrontational to figure out exactly the status of what's going on, like, "Hey, are you actually pissed at X?". I've found that a lot of fights are mostly joking. But if one party is legitimately annoyed at the other, then I'd tell the person to knock it off and explain that they're actually causing some problem. If it's a legitimate fight though, then tell both parties to keep it civil, calm down in OOC chat, then if it continues, mute OOC, tell them to cut it off in a PM, give it a few minutes, and then unmute OOC. If they continue, OOC ban for half of a day for whoever is continuing.
If it's in discord: Ask if either them are actually angry at each other (via dms), if they are, then tell them to cool it off or move to DMs. If that doesn't happen, tell them to move to #general-chat (which stops the vast majority of all conversations). If things escalate from there, chatban for half of a day. That should be enough time for the people to move it to DMs, or calm down, whatever

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
ahelp and ask for someone else to handle it, the same way judges and cops recuse themselves from things they are too close. An admin would have too strong of a personal bias towards themselves in any situation.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Depending on how new they are, explain why what they did was wrong while referencing the rules specifically. There is a pretty big focus on how the player actually responds to the questioning, how forward they are, how much they appear to have internalized the potential punishment, and just how much of a dick they are about it. If the punishment goes through, then follow the Banning Scale. A note gets added either way in case it becomes a repeat problem.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
When play a head role or security, that way it reduces the chance for metagaming. Or when playing as an antag to also reduce the chance of metagaming.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To be professional, polite, and reasonable to players. If an admin abuse is noticed, notify higher ups. Overall just make sure things run smoothly.

Current administrators who have agreed to support your application:
BlackMajor
Geemiesif
Ragolution
kevinz000

derkuleen

Re: [MrJWhit] Moderator Application

Post by derkuleen »

why wasnt this done sooner? Certainly a +1, Justin is a stand up dude.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

this is one of the more well behaved and to the point players on main and I think they'd do great.
+1

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Haven't been on main in ages but I still remember you. You were a solid dude, and your answers show a decent understanding of the requirements. +1

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

when the fuck did i agree to support this shitter

oh yeah when i remembered he's mature, knowledgeable, kindhearted, a veteran and plays the game to have fun.
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

They are a good egg. lets get them in , they work hard with players.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Got quite the support. Have another +1