[Koki] Moderator Application

gypsyShark

[Koki] Moderator Application

Post by gypsyShark »

BYOND ckey: gypsyshark
Character name: Sasha Levenia
Discord username: Koki#1546 (noodle train)
Reason for application:
I’ve had a chance to get my priorities in order IRL, and I feel like I’m in a good position to start contributing to the server again. I don’t expect that I will be able to dedicate as much time as I did as player rep, but I would like to be able to help where I can. Being a moderator seems like a better fit for me than a full admin.

How would you handle two players having an OOC altercation?
It’d depend on the circumstances. I’d let them try to resolve things initially, but if the conversation runs on for awhile, is exceptionally hostile, or disruptive to the flow of the game, I’d tell them they should move their argument elsewhere.

What should an admin do if they’re involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Depends. If the situation is time critical, like they’ve got two bags of holding and they’re not an antag, they may need to ajail them or something to prevent them from doing a station-destructive action. Then investigate the circumstances. If it’s not time critical, they can start their investigation. In most cases, there’s a victim and an attacker, and getting both sides of the story, along with checking attack logs, is the course of action I’d expect they’d take.

How should an admin determine how to punish a player?
Intent, demeanor, previous history.

Intent - So a person may have something they shouldn’t, like have the handheld teleporter, but they only intend to use it briefly before returning it. It's better to ask what they're up to in admin pm first.

Demeanor – a player who is respectful suggests that they are not just here to cause problems. It could have been a genuine misunderstanding.

Previous history – note history is quite important because sometimes, a person who is respectful still ends up racking up a lot of notes. A person might get more clemency for their intent and demeanor, but if they have a history of bad behavior, that history should be more weighted than other factors. This is especially true if they were caught doing something they’ve already been noted for. Harsher punishment for repeated transgressions of the same kind.

Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves?
What I would consider “must de-admin” positions are antagonists and security. Silicons are roles that I personally believe should be de-adminned, since they are often interacting with antagonists.

What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
I think the expectation is that admins will positively benefit the server. They will help foster trust between the staff and players, try to encourage players to behave within the rules of the server, and on occasion, offer interesting events.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application. Hope to hear from y’all soon. : >

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Koki] Moderator Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I can't believe you want to come back.

Well, noodle, you've proven yourself to be one to get the ball rolling on things, that's for damn sure. Just point at any of the times BM messed up and you instantly called him out for it. And, while that's good an all, it's a fairly useless skill to be stubborn and upfront if you aren't also intelligent about where and when you strike with your words (Of which this isn't a problem). You're definitely an open-minded person, helped me be more open-minded, too. I would never have found my niche love of vore were it not for you. Keep in mind, it's an esoteric enjoyment of mine, okay? But, I digress. Your perseverance, being a player rep, dealing with essentially three different worlds of crap, inspired me to give this Admin business my all, I hope you know that. That first month of me staffing, where I tore into the rounds and did my utmost; in game, on the forums, in the Discord, whatever, was inspired by your acts. You're a wonderful friend, and, I'd be happy to call you a peer once again.

And, that's all I have to say.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

You did wonderfully trying to help admins out and even provided welcome advice to admins on how to judge things. I'm glad that you're applying for admin as I think you were terribly restricted with what you could do as just a rep, while still being able to see admin related things.

I'd glad to have you back, +1

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

YES YES YES YES YES
+9001

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

who????????

wouldn't want this person
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

speedmerge this snek

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

+1 Was a fantastic player rep and I'd be happy to see you as a mod

gypsyShark

Post by gypsyShark »

Hecc y'all are too sweet #;..;#

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

My problem with this is your answer to admin involved in a case and when to de-admin questions. You didn't acknowledge that the involved admin shouldn't handle their own ahelp, and you left out the possibility of de admin-ing during head roles completely, as they are vital station roles. Otherwise, I can't speak for prior knowledge of you as I wasn't particularly around during your stint as PR due to military stuff.

gypsyShark

Post by gypsyShark »

Ah yes, you're right about that! I did miss the de-adminning for head roles, my mistake. And it appears that I misinterpreted the "admin involved" question. I had read it as "how should an admin conduct themselves when handling an ahelp." If the admin themselves are involved in a situation that requires admin intervention, yes, they should request somebody else to handle their ahelp from in-game, or if that's not possible, from the discord, and stick to answering their fellow admin's questions, ideally through admin PMs.