[SectoidDan] Admin Application

SectoidDan

[SectoidDan] Admin Application

Post by SectoidDan »

BYOND ckey: sectoiddan
Character name: Shah-Gilm
Discord username (+user id): Durandan#6073
How long have you played on Citadel?: Since 2016.
How long have you played SS13?: Since 2010.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: AEDT but I'm flexible.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Admin on /tg/station for about six months circa 2011. Admin again on /tg/station for another three months or so, around 2016. Both times were under another ckey.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: N/A
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: GlitchyCore, AvaricePleonexia, and Izzy (but Izzy was drunk at the time so I dunno)
Reason for application: I have some experience doing ss13 adminning, and I find it enjoyable. It also seems to me there's not enough admins compared to the playercounts the servers can get sometimes. Finally, and more importantly, I like this server and community, and would like to contribute towards making it better.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Open with a polite request that they tone it down, drop it, or take it elsewhere. If they continue, adopt a firmer but still polite tone, telling them to take it to DMs instead of asking, for instance. Escalating beyond that, options include bwoinks (which people tend to take more seriously than just talking at them in OOC), temporary OOC mutes, or even kicks if things get out of hand.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Hands off completely. Alert another admin who can act impartially. Admins can and probably should ahelp things too.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
I don't know if it's still a thing but I believe Citadel used to have an admin code of conduct sort of document somewhere. Otherwise, go by the rules and the relative magnitude of what's been done. A lot of minor things may not warrant any punishment at all, particularly in first offences, though in cases like that notes are very useful. If simple corrective action isn't sufficient, scaling punishments relative to how much the rule-break affected the round or other players is key. There's a lot to weigh up: notes, playtime, join date, et cetera.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
While playing as an antag, a member of Security, or any other role that can have a major impact on a round. My personal habit was to only play roles like chef or bartender while adminning - they weren't big players in the round, so to speak, and would allow me to step away IC and hide in a closet somewhere to aghost and sort things out without much trouble.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Be polite. Be professional. Get all sides to a story and check evidence thoroughly before doing anything serious. Be egalitarian: don't pick favourites, don't give excessive punishments to people you just don't like, and in particular, don't be afraid to pull up other staff if they fuck up, either. Remember the goal is to keep things fun and by the rules.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [SectoidDan] Admin Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

My support is already listed above, may as well offer a few words: we could use more staff without a doubt. He's someone I've personally known for many months now, and, was one of the first people I met on CitMain. His roleplay was part of what made me so invested in the community! (At least, invested enough to try to want to improve the quality of the server.) Given he lives on the land down under, he's gonna be on when everyone else is passed out - low pop hours, whoo. He's not afraid of confrontation, nor does he act irrationally. Man's got a heart, too. There is hardly a doubt in my mind that Durandan would be a boon to both the staff team and the server as a whole.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

can vouch that they were a good staffmember back then on tg and i would be surprised if they wreen't good here.
+1

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

Ill give you a shot , +1

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Good dude but I'd still recommend waiting a little. You just came back after a few months, give yourself some time to re-acclimate and then sure why not

gypsyShark

Post by gypsyShark »

Lewd snake, big yikes.
Yeah I think you'd be pretty ok. You're impartial, i've seen you more active here, and i haven't noticed any trouble spots.
+1

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hihi Shah, sorry if it took me a while to reply.

I actually am probably one of the person who've known you for the longest here, since you started here actually. You've always constantly showed that you're a hyper mature player and are always super chill generally. Hell, you'd always ruin my day back in 2k16 when I'd fuck up as antag, still memorable to this day. You're quite the veteran, yet you tend to take large breaks from time to time, which I assume is due to IRL. I really really think you'd be a super robust addition to the team, and yet another noodle to the pool. honk.

TL;DR : 4 years Vet who finally applied. +1 them, you memes.

Best of luck!
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

buffalowing

Post by buffalowing »

Yes please. +1