[HelennaC] - Admin Application

HelennaC

[HelennaC] - Admin Application

Post by HelennaC »

BYOND ckey: HelennaC
Character name: Neeha Agiuslus Onyx, Alexander Von Ravenheart, Lillith Delacroix
Discord username (+user id): HeleC#6079
How long have you played on Citadel?: ≅2 years
How long have you played SS13?: 2 years
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: GMT-3 / 1PM - 9PM
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Private servers
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Clockwork and Nutscript Half-Life 2 RP servers at Garry's Mod.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Useroth
Reason for application: I cannot express in words my thanks for playing such amazing game, with one active community that isn't not mean or rude, always with their open arms to welcome new players. So far I always had a feeling of supporting somehow the people behind all those moments that put a smile on my face, a chuckle, sad and good moments all provided by the awesome and immersive role-play experience. I could be having the same good feelings by spending money in other things like a movie for example, sadly for me, converting Real to US Dollar would be a lot for me and perhaps even a lot for only five dollars. So with all the time I have in having fun, I don't see a problem in not only helping the community and people that made my day brighter but spending my time as satisfaction for everything the Citadel community did to me.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

Depending on the severity and circumstance, if it were really necessary for an intervention, I would ask both of them to calm down and find a way to understand each other or if necessary, to move to another platform like Discord or PM via Byond itself.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

In a situation like this, the severity of the situation and those involved are always considered, it would be necessary for another member of the administration/staff, since as a victim or defendant, the administrator involved even having the cause based on the rules of the server may have come to benefit or cause discomfort on the others involved, even without being his intention, a second opinion to give the final verdict should be always essential.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

The rules are necessary to maintain order and serve as a basis for their punishments, however depending on the situation, gravity and motives behind the actions, the culprit/suspect will not always receive the same punishment from another who committed the same infraction. Such reasons and motives should be investigated not only on the basis of logs, but rather on the testimony of those involved, notes left by other administrators related to the defendant, and an investigation if, for example, he is a novice. However, talking about being a newbie is not always going to rid him/her out of the punishment or help somehow.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

In situations where an administrator or moderator is already in the position of being attentive to players' actions and available to respond to the ahelp and / or when the administrator intends to play a role where spoilers or any kind of information coming from their powers of administrators may compromise the course of the round, either by confidential information or compromising conversations where they can not only ruin a chase but warn of possible occurrences for the security team.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

Member of the community where should be an example to other players, sign of respect and dedication, should be neutral, fair and their professionalism should not affect their work nor their interaction with players. Their position does not differentiate them from others.

Useroth

Re: [HelennaC] - Admin Application

Post by Useroth »

The time has come to throw my +1 in, considering I've encouraged the player to apply to begin with.
A reasonable, friendly and active player, a good RPer, and someone who wants to actually actively improve the server. What's not to like?
The answers are nice too.

auris456852

Post by auris456852 »

Been literally over a month since this app was made. Wew.
Anyhow, I'll throw in my +1 here.

buffalowing

Post by buffalowing »

One of the more articulate applications and an active, great player. +1

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I don't rightfully know your attitude. I've seen your character around, for sure, but, I've just never had the pleasure to interact with them; or you, OOCly, for that matter. Your responses are really good and you have previous experience administrating. That's good enough for me, you have my support.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

i do not know this person well, however as i understand they don't have too much of issues regarding other rp players + staff
have my unsteady +1 for a trial.

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

From the general behaviour that I've seen both on station/ingame and outside of space station 13 just interacting with the community on the discord it's been very favorable to put it frank, even when dealing with some of the less polite folks that tend to pop up.

Hell you've been whitelisted for one of the more stressful species that can be played on the RP server and I've not had a single ahelp in all these months so this definitely gets a nod of approval from me, +1

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Allright about time I abduct this one into staff.