BYOND ckey: LittleRiolu
Character name: Rio-Haan
Discord username (+user id): Rio#8540
How long have you played on Citadel?: Around a year
How long have you played SS13?: A year and a half
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: 7 PM CEST - 5 AM CEST
Previous SS13 related admin experience: 4 months of admin for Oracle Station
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: None
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevin, Avarice, Glitchy, Koki, BlackMajor, Reece, LordHeichou

Reason for application: I have been around for a while and I've had a lot of fun ever since I was a fugitive from a dead server. I want to try giving something back by helping out, both staff and players.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
I would ask both parties to try toning it down if the argument starts to get heated. If they can’t remain civil, I would mute the channel and admin PM them both, warning them depending on the situation and let them calm down. If this does not solve the dispute between the two, or one party keeps escalating, I would take necessary action.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
An admin shouldn’t handle a situation they themselves are involved in. So they should adminhelp or contact other admins to deal with their case.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
It depends on how the player acts during your conversation with them, what rules they have broken and their history of notes and bans. Context is very important in determining these factors and their playtime on the server. If one is unsure, it always helps to ask other admins what their opinions are on a particular case.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
They should de-admin when they are playing roles that can cause metagaming, such as Heads of Staff, Security and Antagonists.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Admins are expected to be polite and fair, since they are going to handle situations that involves other players. This means that they have to act professional and responsible to keep the server and community in good standing for everyone.

gypsyShark

Re: [LittleRiolu] Admin Application

Post by gypsyShark »

Hey Rio! Thanks for applying.
I think your app is on the brief side, but it hits the important points.
I've had a lot of positive interactions with you, and haven't noticed anything that stands out as far as questionable behavior.
+1 from me.

buffalowing

Post by buffalowing »

+1 Great player, great timezone to add coverage to

geemiesif

Post by geemiesif »

+1 a knowledgeable player with a level head.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Even though my support is listed in the application itself, Koki STILL wants us to comment on this. So, I will. Good lizard; would introduce to drugs in the HoP's office again and get in trouble because the QM is Mr. No-Fun-Allowed.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Has been a shining example of what we want from a player every single time I see you. Would be happy to see you as an admin, +1 from me.