Dapnee

[Dapnee] Admin Application

Post by Dapnee »

BYOND ckey: Dapnee
Character name: Lexia Wardle, Annie Thomas
Discord username (+user id): dap#0413
How long have you played on Citadel?: Five months
How long have you played SS13?: Two years in October
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: UTC -6, 7am-12pm most days, any time on Tuesday-Wednesday’s
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Administrator on Oracle through a sizable amount of its run time
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: I’ve hosted a Garry’s mod server in ye olden days that lasted a year
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: I’ve been suggested to make an application by Rio and Kevinz
Reason for application: Seeing singular admins on when I normally play pains me as I’ve been in a similar situation in the past (and Kevin keeps pinging me about it)

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

Majorly depends on the argument. If it’s something small, a simple drop it and leave it suffices, but if it’s something I can see as being ongoing/would impede both of their experiences, I would sit down and talk with both in ahelps. If I find one or both are unable to drop it, notes/bans would be given out as it seems fit, though it’s better to come to have them reach an agreement on these things rather than letting the issue boil over.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

Generally, reach out to another administrator to deal with it. There’s ultimately no way to be impartial with tickets pertaining to yourself and if I were ever in a position that found me unable to get another administrator involved, I would be clear with the other player involved why I’m dealing with it and give them a link to the appeal/complaint section of the forum if they feel my reasoning isn’t sound.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

Several things are to be considered: account age, server time, notes (time between each as well), previous bans, severity of the broken rule. New account, no notes, little play time, but they released a singularity? I would need to check their previous actions in the round and determine if that was someone trying to use a new account to fuck with the server or genuinely a new player who fucked up. The newer player would get a note and I would direct them to mentor help/asking me for advice in the future. For the other it’d be a cut and dry perma/ip ban. There’s more in between cases there (those being two completely polar different situations), but I believe notes are better than bans when they’ll be listened to, bans are only for severe cases and when the player shows notes are not making a difference. It’s all a slippery amount of context in the end and players are always encouraged to make appeals/complaints if they feel my reasoning is incorrect.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

Basically, anytime where seeing a ticket/admin notification could impede my judgement in game. Security? Of course you deadmin. A head/silicon? Deadmin. Antag? Deadmin. In general, I don’t play heads and opt to play smaller roles in the game when I administrate, be it curator or drone, as these roles also see less player traffic, allowing for aghosting when need be. If I’m the only one on, I usually opt to stay as a spectator and drift between players to see how they’re doing.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

Admins are expected to be level headed mediators, who’s intentions should be in promoting roleplay and solving conflicts in a calm but firm way. Someone that looks at context and history to make informed decisions. They must be someone players can look up to for help and are upstanding to lead by example. They are expected to use their tools correctly or see those tools be taken away.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Dapnee] Admin Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

If you've got both Rio and Kevinz asking for you to join, as well as your previous experience, then I'm more than happy to support this to lighten the workload on the poor mainmins. Even though I started on Main, I haven't touched it in a long while, but, from what I remember, I reckon you're the kind of person that'd make a good admin for our Main server.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

Judging from your behavior in the discord, word from former Oracle staff members confirming that you were pretty alright as staff there, and a lack of major ingame incidents, I have the confidence to give this app my own +1. You'll be a good boy, yes?

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

With the previous experience, and every time I chat with you in the discord being pretty great, I'm willing to give a +1 along with the others.

LittleRiolu

Post by LittleRiolu »

With the time I worked with you on Oracle which brings memories, I don't really know what words to write promote you further. You have my support.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

This one's good, taking them in.