NicoDeimos

[NicoDeimos] Admin Application

Post by NicoDeimos »

BYOND ckey: NicoDeimos
Character name: Arfrehn Eshoahar
Discord username (+user id): NicoDeimos#8086
How long have you played on Citadel?: About a year and some months
How long have you played SS13?: Most actively since 2016
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: US central timezone, usually active 6-10 hours split throughout the day
Previous SS13 related admin experience: 4 months as moderator here at citadel
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: n/a
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: n/a
Reason for application: I applied for moderator to learn the ropes and get a feel for how the staff operate. I'm interested in taking a step up in my responsibilities on the team.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

Depending on the circumstance:

If it involves an In-Character incident that took place during the current round I would gauge if it crosses into OOC harassment, remind them that discussing IC in OOC is against the rules, and tell them to cease. If they continue I expect it should resort in administrative warning and notation regarding the incident unless one or more of the parties involved have prior equivalent offenses and require stricter punishment.

If it involves an In-Character incident that took place in a previous round or is unrelated to the game itself, I would politely ask that they keep their debate civil if it seems to be getting particularly disruptive. Should the issue escalate I would firmly tell them behavior that disrupts other players' enjoyment won't be tolerated and consider noting the behavior for future reference.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?

Defer to another admin for the purpose of maintaining non-bias judgement on the matter, while offering information or evidence of their point-of-view in the matter if their level of involvement was as a third party or as a potential witness. If they were more directly involved in the situation, their input may need to be limited on a case-by-case basis.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?

Firstly by considering the severity of the situation. Something that is directly significantly affecting the round overall would require immediate attention. Grievously outstanding transgressions such as OOCly non-consensual ERP would be grounds for immediate permaban, of course.
Secondly by assessing the player's history with following the rules. A first-time light offense may only require a firm verbal warning and recommendation to reread the rules, while a repeat offender would require more drastic punishment.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?

If they have a more active role in-character with possible events or antagonists, if they don't feel personally confident in their own self-control, and if there are other moderators/admins online who can take care of potential administrative responsibilities for the round. It's important for understanding the point-of-view of the player base and for maintaining knowledge of the game itself by actively participating. Doing so without admin controls, however, is just one option of doing so and not strictly a requirement.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?

I still believe it is to foster a fair and balanced game environment, provide occasional entertaining events for the benefit of the players, and enforce the rules firmly when a situation calls for it. Just as well, admins are themselves players and should take into consideration their own enjoyment and how it affects their ability to maintain these principles. An admin who is having fun can stoke an atmosphere for the players to have similar fun.

madamheichou

Re: [NicoDeimos] Admin Application

Post by madamheichou »

Really good answers, on point. Good lizard. Haven't interacted with you much OOCly or ICly but I know from others that you're a good staff members as a moderator, and a step up wouldn't be hard for you. +1

BlackMajor

Re: [NicoDeimos] Admin Application

Post by BlackMajor »

Headmins are all in favour so I'm pushing this through to accepted.