[Putnam] Maintainer Application

Putnam

[Putnam] Maintainer Application

Post by Putnam »

Experience with Github: 5 years of experience with Git/Github, including work on operating a downstream that was directly forked from TG (thus having a ton of merge conflicts). Use git locally for basically anything I might want to keep a version history on, including things that Git really wasn't designed for (I even uploaded my Undertale save repo!)

Experience with BYOND: Nothing but Space Station 13, but a good deal of experience in that. I've also looked a good deal into the architecture, peculiar terminology etc. mostly in attempts to better understand what's going on with atmos code.

Experience with SS13: Played it in 4 major bursts, first in late 2017, rest in 2019. First and third were both on a semi-public server that I was head coder and github maintainer on, with the later one being a direct fork from TG with all that that entails. In that time, I ported multiple features and made some new ones myself.

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP): I play night exclusively on Citadel main these days. I've thought about being a sort of roving coder who fixes upstreams and ports things between servers that I think would be good, but I've been playing too much Citadel to really consider porting anything anywhere else.

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?: Open source work is what I enjoy. Vetting changes, making sure they're not going to completely break stuff or make things harder for future coders, knowing exactly what needs to be fixed--these are all things that I'm actually good at. I also really, really enjoy checking out the latest PRs on the page, seeing the code changes being done, and going through issues to see what needs to be fixed, it's something I actually like doing, so signing up as maintainer seems like a natural thing to do. I've also been nagged at mildly to apply for maintainer by a maintainer, which suggests that someone else probably thinks I'd be good.

Dapnee

Re: [Putnam] Maintainer Application

Post by Dapnee »

Putnam basically was a factor in why I got into SS13, but they are also quite skilled in coding in both terms of outside SS13 and inside. Appreciate their dedication to fixing dynamic as well, big plus one. ++1

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1
They handle feedback well, generally seems like a good person from my interactions with them, probably won't burn the server to the ground if given the keys. They're also bigger brained than me and have legitimately tried to improve the server.
I approve.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Approved.