[Pandora029] - Admin Application

Pandora

[Pandora029] - Admin Application

Post by Pandora »

BYOND ckey: Pandora029
Character name: Seona Young/Seonya Young/Grace Young
Discord username (+user id): Seona "[insert quip here]" Young / Pandora#0029
How long have you played on Citadel?: A little over five months now
How long have you played SS13?: Somewhere between six and seven months, the Sseth-tide convinced me to have a crack at the game
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Timezone is GMT+0, my usual active times through the week are from midnight through to 04:00/05:00. Weekend activity is varied but substantial
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Unless running my own test server counts, none! This would be my first time.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: I was an admin for an Arma 3 centric community, focussed on a pair of public PVE servera, which meant it was largely dealing with teamkilling, some degree of event hosting and a lot of PR to keep the players happy and having fun. My total time as an admin there was close to over a year before I stepped down.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Roguesteampunker, Kevin and Fract

Reason for application: Since I started playing here I've made a multitude of new friends, found a community that is largely accepting & filled with funny, friendly people and thoroughly enjoyed myself nearly every time I've played. It's helped me through some rough times, being able to just come on here, chill out and have some cracking banter with folks, so when I say I want to give back to the community, to see it develop and even help influence the direction it develops, I truly do mean it. I've noticed as of late that there aren't as many admins online through the week during my usual hours of play, certainly approaching the 22/23:00EST mark and whilst that's towards the tailend of when I'm usually awake till, I'm usually still playing.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation? Depending on whether it was simply non IC-OOC banter, or an actual arguement/shit-flinging contest would determine how quickly I ask them to quit it, followed by a general OOC mute if they persisted. If they continued to carry on arguing after OOC was re-enabled, I'd consider either a longer bout of OOC being muted, or if there's support for it with the admin controls, I can't say I know what's available with them yet, I'd apply an OOC mute or temp OOC ban to the responsible individuals.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention? With only a few exceptions, such as massive stationwide griefing that's apparent to everyone in game at the time, the admin in question should request the assistance of another member of staff to handle the incident, they shouldn't be involved in tickets/ahelps that pertain to them in any way as there would be implicit bias. In the event they did have to take action whilst being involved in a situation, they should record absolutely everything they say and do so that they have ample evidence to provide to other staff that the actions undertaken were the right ones.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules? A number of factors play into this, including things such as; whether they're a new player to the game, how apologetic they are regarding what they've done in any admin messages, whether it's their first offence ever and the severity of their rulebreaking. That's just a few examples of things that should be taken into consideration. Once they're notified or witness the rulebreaking, the admin should message the player in question asking them to explain their actions and reasons for doing what they have done, whilst also getting in touch with any bystanders/witnesses to the events along with any victims. From there, depending on how the guilty person responds, a punishment should be delivered if it was serious enough to warrant one, else adding a note to the person to keep track of infractions may also suffice.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing? I'd contest that if an admin is playing in general, they should de-admin themselves no matter the role they're in, only re-admining themselves (if that's even possible, again, still haven't played around with the admin controls much) if the round turns out to be a confirmed greenshift and they're in a non Head-of-Staff or Security role. In the event that a lot of rule breaking is occuring & they are the sole member of staff online, they should cryo out (If they are able to, it might be unadvisable for the Captain or solo Sec officer lets say to cryo out the round whilst mayhem is occuring) and re-admin in order to help deal with the troublemakers.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel? The answer to this is largely subjective, but in my mind an admin should; be calm under pressure, remain cool when dialogue is getting heated, courteous to everyone, have a willingness to admit if they don't know something (be it a gameplay aspect or how to handle a certain situation) and by extensiont, be willing to learn & apply said learnings. They should also not be afraid to admit that they were wrong if proven that actions they undertook were incorrect.
Professional Kitsune Connoisseur

kevinz000

Re: [Pandora029] - Admin Application

Post by kevinz000 »

this is a good person and they're levelheaded enough +1

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hi Pandora, glad to see your application!

I indeed am fully supporting their application. Very smart player and quite handsome too. Might not have the experience yet, but I don't believe it's an issue. They've shown both IC and OOC that they're a great person. +1

Good luck foxxo!
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Despite the numerous vore memes and cursed garbage they spew from their mouths, I've not had any actual, truly bad experience with them. They're pleasantand fun to chat with, and knowledgeable about the game. They're passionate, fairly active. Their answers are good, and they don't have any particular opinions that make me question their judgment. +1 , may not know them well but from my interactions with them, they're good folks.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Greetings again Pandora,

As I've been promoted to Headmin the past month and now am able to do it, I'm glad to welcome aboard the team.

After discussing with the team we figured that'd you be an awesome addition to the team.

Welcome!
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.