Xantholne Admin Application [Main]

Xantholne

Xantholne Admin Application [Main]

Post by Xantholne »

BYOND ckey: Xantholne
Character name: Amelia Elu'nath
Discord username (+user id): Xantholne#6969 + 132118551073914880
How long have you played on Citadel?: Origianlly played a few round some years back, currently up to about 6ish years now
How long have you played SS13?: 31 July 2013
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: -7 GMT Weekdays I am normally active around 5am to 11pm, weekends varies, end of semester any time, during certain days of the week: thursday nighhts mainly, I end up being around much longer close to my weekend schedule often playing on some days to 4am during weekdays
Previous SS13 related admin experience: One of the original admins of Oracle Station. Mentor on Paradise for roughly a year
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Raid leading/officer in several guilds over about 8 years on WoW
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Dap, Kevinz000
Reason for application:
I've been playing for a while now getting used to everything after moving on from Paradise. Since then I've met quite a few people and have been enjoying the server so I would like to contribute to it in an administrative position to help maintain the player base and help keep up the medium level of role play.
Since playing again I've been starting to lean back towards that want or feel I suppose you could say, of trying to make the community better. Every community has it's own issues, personally, I would like to contribute to try and fix or remedy any while supporting the server through staff position.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Depends on the altercation, small things of two people being upset over can usually be monitored without any need to step in, however throwing insults at each other or increasing the severity of it would cause me to step in and break it up, telling them both to end it when it becomes clear if it is heating up even further before anyone does anything too rash.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Normally when possible, it is far better for them to get another fellow staff member to handle the situation, if they themselves are the ones to handle it, it will be very biased against the other player. If none is available then it is much better to make a note about it and report it for another staff member to look in to when available.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
The first thing I would do on Oracle would be check their notes. If they have none then I know it is a much more new player who may not fully understand the server rules or the game themselves. If they have non and depending on what they are or where doing which is the major factor on it, they may end up with a warning over it.
However, players with several notes especially over similar things are the trouble maker type; that type I would normally give temporary bans to eventually leading up to a permanent or month long ban if it was clear they need to spend some time off of the server and get their act straight.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
If any admin is playing in round; which of course we want to, no one wants to ghost the entire time, and said admin is in a Command Role, Security Role, or any Antag role it should be vital that they de-admin themselves else it may be seen as them using their administrative powers to help themselves out in round as any vital roles. Situations where this may not be applied to always are times when the current gamemode is a "Greenshift" sine there will not be any antags normally. Other times I would say would be if they themselves are a target of an antag. Otherwise they should normally be fine, but I'd really recommend de-admining yourself if you are anything but an assistant at times. Or at the very least stealth min.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To be consistent I would say as a starter. Fair and judgmental free. You yourself should be holding your own well being in a higher regard tahn others, someone for community members to look up to as an example ofa good player. Going around being the worst person you can for the sake of it is not something I would recommend doing. As well as being someone who is consistently breaking rules as an admin and getting by from the fact they are an admin.
Last edited by Xantholne on Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

Dapnee

Re: Xantholne Admin Application

Post by Dapnee »

Xanth is cool, remember administrating Oracle with them. Fair and levelheaded. Would look forward to administrating with them again.

+1

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1
My one concern is that they're a relatively new player and I'm honestly concerned they might be too strict on people
But, they're from another server and seems to know what they're doing. One of the few people I can say probably has the best of intentions here for making the place actually less full blown LRP shitstorm at times without ruining the concept of "just ss13 fun".
So +1.

Xantholne

Post by Xantholne »

kevinz000 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:28 pm
+1
My one concern is that they're a relatively new player and I'm honestly concerned they might be too strict on people
But, they're from another server and seems to know what they're doing. One of the few people I can say probably has the best of intentions here for making the place actually less full blown LRP shitstorm at times without ruining the concept of "just ss13 fun".
So +1.
Honestly I thought I might have been one of the far less strict admins from Oracle to be frank, but yeah I getcha on that.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

adding this:

i take it all back after having to tolerate greenshift shitter safari for just three fucking days, please admin them already.

HazelBailey

Re: Xantholne Admin Application [Main]

Post by HazelBailey »

Player has been accepted. Welcome aboard.