[FoxyStalin] - Moderator Application

FoxyStalin

[FoxyStalin] - Moderator Application

Post by FoxyStalin »

BYOND ckey: FoxyStalin
Character name: Duke Moxely
Discord username (+user id): FoxyStalin#7350
Reason for application: Kev told me to. Jokingly, I think, but it did get me thinking that, I do really like this community, and I want to do some part in helping it stay as good as it is. I'm on at the ass end of the night where the only staff tends to be Kev and Izzy, so I think I could fill an empty slot that could use some attention.
Also I'll bus gangs.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
See if it works itself out over the course of a few minutes- enough time to see if they're just meming eachother or if real hostility is there. Then, advise them to calm it down and cool off, and if they don't do that, advise them to take it to PMs or make a complaint, and if they persist, give em the ol slap.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Call another admin. If you're in a situation where you're the subject of an Ahelp or doing an Ahelp anyway you should probably be deadmined anyway. The best course of action is to call in someone who's not involved to be an impartial subject in the situation.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Based on the severity of the rulebreak, and the history of the player who broke the rules. A first offense isn't going to get punished as harshly as someone who has a lot of high severity notes, likewise however, purpolesly letting a tesla loose is a high enough crime that it warrants punishment on the first offense.
Also if someone's had like, less than 5 connections and does some major greifing then they're likely just a shitter and should be punished as such.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
If they're in any role that has a signifigant impact on the round. Heads of Staff, Security, Any Antag- Or, any role in which admin privledges would give them an unfair advantage in the game.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Respectful conduct, and impartial decision making.

kevinz000

Re: [FoxyStalin] - Moderator Application

Post by kevinz000 »

Decent person(ality) but there's some things I need to research into before giving my full upvote.
This is NOT like my usual "this person probably has things that should disqualify them", it's legitimately a there's things I need to look into.
They seem decent enough in game, though, so that's positive from me too.

+1 mostly

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Like Kev said, good personality. Not too many bad notes, No qualms with their behavior in game . Only downside is a general lack of activity as of late. Considering we often have times of few to no admins on , hiring someone on who's already mostly inactive doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do. If the activity increased, I'm more than willing to give them a full endorsement. +.75

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Hm'n'st. Good player, saw them a time or two whilst playing but I don't have much to comment on other than good behavior. Seeing how you do as a trial-admin would be alright with me.

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

yeah, sure, supported +1

FoxyStalin

Post by FoxyStalin »

Redtail wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:11 pm
Like Kev said, good personality. Not too many bad notes, No qualms with their behavior in game . Only downside is a general lack of activity as of late. Considering we often have times of few to no admins on , hiring someone on who's already mostly inactive doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do. If the activity increased, I'm more than willing to give them a full endorsement. +.75
It's true I took about a month break, maybe month and a half? For all of january, and have returned about two-three weeks ago, I've gotten back into a cycle of activity which is! Very dissapointingly, about the last hour of your usual online time ;v;

DeltaFire

Post by DeltaFire »

Hm. You are quite a good player, but your amount of activity is pretty low currently, from what I can see at least. Though I'd be willing to give you a try, especially if you'd be active as an admin a bit more than usually. Currectly a +0.5, potentially a full +1 with more activity.
Edit:
Did see you quite a few times in the time after I wrote this post, so my concerns about low activity are mostly mitigated. +1, lets see.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Player has been accepted. Welcome aboard.