[MrJWhit] Admin Application

MrJWhit

[MrJWhit] Admin Application

Post by MrJWhit »

BYOND ckey: MrJWhit
Character name: Justin Phillips
Discord username (+user id): MrJWhit#3640
How long have you played on Citadel?: I believe one year or so?
How long have you played SS13?: One and a half years
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: EST 7-12 PM
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Citadel admin for almost a year
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: None
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Last time it was BlackMajor, Geemiesif, Ragolution, and kevinz000, I don't know if those still count though.
Reason for application: I originally left the staff because my interest in SS13 had wayned, I didn't want to be an admin in name only. If things were going on, I wanted to be active and help the situation. Me enjoying things less and more is a natural process for me, so I stepped down from staff so I can relax and work on other (mostly school related) things. Now, school for this semester is more or less over, and I feel comfortable and ready to step back up and admin.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
1. Stop any aggressive action between the two, with threats if necessary.
2. Figure out what is going wrong, and make a judgement call on the severity.
2a. If it's more minor, and can be solved through communication between the two people, great, tell them to talk it out between them.
2b. If it's more major, tell both parties to cool it off, and come back to it in a day or so. After that time, things normally have calmed down and people can communicate between them.
3c. If the problem is major, with multiple third parties peanutgallery-ing, everyone will be given a warning, and then a soft boot if they continue, and escalate from there.
3. If there's a problem from a meta viewpoint (up to demanding suicide), then the offending party gets kicked from the location (discord/server), and then told in no uncertain terms to cut it out when they return.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Ask for another admin to help out. Either in adminchat on the server, or staffchat on the discord.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Compare what they did to previous actions through notes. Determine their intentions for what they did. Figure out if it involved other people being shitty, and if it ruined anyone else's round. From there make the decision.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
When playing a role that's heavily important to the round, namely security, heads of staff, silicon (cough cough), and antags.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Being respectful, forward, professional, and polite. Admins are the standard that the rest of the server are compared to, acting poorly as an admin reflects on the entire staff team and the server itself.

Also, I really, really wanted to make this a "I'm applying to Sojourn after I got banned on citadel" joke on the title.

LittleRiolu

Re: [MrJWhit] Admin Application

Post by LittleRiolu »

You still haven't given me the tea you owe me.

Get back here already.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Howdy, Justin!

Glad to see you make a new application! I think you've clearly shown in the past how much of a high minded person you are. You're calm, know how to deal with stress and courteous. I've never had anything to say about you as a staff in the past, and honestly don't even know why you left in the first place.

+1

Hope to see you back in the team soon!
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Get back in here so we canget back to ERPing in admin chat and talk about food more.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Speedmerged.
You were pretty solid staff.

Dapnee

Post by Dapnee »

Considering this is already approved, moving as such.