[Ghommie] Maintainer Application

Ghommie

[Ghommie] Maintainer Application

Post by Ghommie »

Experience with Github: Roughly a year and half. Nothing professional, I have started starting using GitHub around the same time I started using DreamMaker, so I'm not the "realest" of the coders around. I use git GUIs such as TortoiseGit (less tiresome to use use but not that great) for most things, but I occasionally (have to) use Bash for the more complex things. Overall I have an understanding of the basic ropes of git. Never been a real maintainer anywhere.

Experience with BYOND: "Gamer-wise", as early as mid-late 2016. Development-wise, more or less as above, mid 2018, except I have been lurking around repositories for months already back then, and due to DM being a dummy-easy high-level programming language, it was quite easy to pick up with the code.

Experience with SS13: Timeline coincident with above. Found the game while scrolling 4chan /vg/. Played a handful of servers, but mostly Goon, Tg, Cit and, for a short while, CM-SS13. Started developing the game back on DMCA (Basically tg version of 2018's leaked CM-SS13 source code, now named TGMC), moved to Citadel out of pity as I noticed the development was coming to a halt and out of date with the no more upstream tgstation.

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP): Almost exclusively Main since mid-2018. I don't enjoy roleplaying, and I'm far from going hand-in-hand with the rest of community either. RP is boring and a lost cause to me.

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?: I just want to speed up development a little. Thanks my input, the repository has been constantly sitting at above 80+ PRs.

kevinz000

Re: [Ghommie] Maintainer Application

Post by kevinz000 »

GHOMTAINER NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

+1

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

YES..

Dapnee

Post by Dapnee »

One of the few people that will look over my shit code and tell me it’s shit. Should of been a maintainer ages ago. +1

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

In my five ever PRs, Ghommie has been the one to actually look at them and be respectful in the decisions with a care and precision associated with the code. I've never had a single bad experience talking to you as a person, you've always been professional and respectful.

I will absolutely give a +1 all day.

bluefishtuna

Post by bluefishtuna »

who added flying pigs?

speed accept please

moltoretardo

Post by moltoretardo »

Godmmie for maintainer yes
:woozy_face:

Jay

Post by Jay »

I'm going to slap you so hard you implode.