[Captain277] Admin Application (RP)

Captain277

[Captain277] Admin Application (RP)

Post by Captain277 »

BYOND ckey: Captain277
Character name: Katerina Felisata
Discord username (+user id): Captain277 #3409
How long have you played on Citadel?: Since approximately the start of April, 2020. Roughly 2-3~ weeks.
How long have you played SS13?: Since OCT 2010. My initial SS13 Forum account on /tg/ was created in OCT of 2014.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: PST, I'm active anywhere from 11:00 AM to 4:00 AM, depending on my workload and family obligations for the day.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: I have no official experience as a SS13 admin.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: For a period of roughly five years, I worked as the administrator, and eventual owner, of a large Role Play community on another website, with membership passing a thousand members during my tenure. I retired to pursue an IRL career in the military. In the Army I eventually assumed responsibility of a direct Team of 4 to 5 soldiers of lower or equivalent rank, as well as a larger Team of eight vehicle operators. It was my responsibility in this capacity to ensure squad coherence and readiness/maintenance of all four assigned Platoon vehicles.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevinz000
Reason for application: For years on /tg/, I played in a passive role. Intent on simply establishing personal in-character relationships with other characters, I eventually found I'd come to enjoy contributing to these collective pockets of lore. Starting first with purely IC contributions to the culture, eventually I learned how to Sprite for SS13. As these sprites would never be implemented on /tg/, I learned how to Map, so I could run my own station and learn more of the mechanics. Eventually I constructed an event map for the Administration, but this fell through. I never felt an urge to directly lead the rest of the community, but my desire to contribute has remained steady, and grown over the years to the point where I've self-taught myself most of the Development tasks. I'm applying for a Staff role after all this time due to Kevinz' suggestion, largely because I want to make a meaningful contribution to the Server in terms of Lore writing and Event management/coordination. Although I've only been on CitRP for a short amount of time, I've come to find that this community is everything I always wanted /tg/ to be, and the reasons I held back from applying for the Administration there are the reasons I'm willing to finally commit here.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Historically, this situation springs up suddenly and without context. The best course of action is to deliver a verbal warning to both parties, and, assuming compliance, to message both parties to determine whether the issue requires further intervention. Most players will not ahelp even in situations where Admin intervention is actually necessary, and some degree of proactive interaction on the Administration's part is sometimes required. If the parties refuse to put the argument on hold or discuss the dispute in a neutral way, muting specific players, or all of OOC depending on the scope of the discussion, may be required. In potentially irreconcilable situations, temporary muting and a referral to the forums for more structured conflict resolution is ideal.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
In the event of any complaint involving an Admin, the dispute should be passed on to another member of the administration; ideally an Admin in a position of higher authority. In my past experience, a lot of dissatisfaction with an administration comes from the sentiment that the Adminbus will cover itself at all costs. Transparency - to an appropriate degree depending on context - is vital to maintaining player trust in the Administration. One of the best ways to ensure this is to turn over personal disputes to a superior, ideally in a place where the issue can be easily observed and recorded, such as the forums. In that same vein, I would approach another member of the Administration to handle disputes regarding personal friends of mine, to ensure a genuine expectation of impartiality.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Punishing players as an Admin is not too far divorced from how Security should punish crew who violate the law. There are rules set in place that every player is expected to adhere to and obey. Often times though, the actual rule being broken is drastically altered by the context. It is an Admin's obligation to review the Notes of any player under scrutiny, and to fully interview all affected parties in an attempt to gain a better command of the situation. Personally, I have always tried to be a reasonable mediator of disputes, and tend towards lenient sentences. Oftentimes I have found an unorthodox but mutually agreed upon solution is ideal instead of following the exact letter of the law. Not all rules are flexible, however, and I have historically recommended punishments be applied harshly when there is no reasonable way to interpret them differently.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
In any situation where an Admin's powers translate into an IC advantage, they should be expected to deadmin themselves. On an RP server without antagonist roles, this is potentially less of an issue. In the context of an RP server Admin, deadminning should occur before going on Expeditions, or signing on as a member of Security or Command. Ideally, in my desired role, I would be deadminned at all times unless for the purposes of setting up and/or facilitating an event.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
An Admin on Citadel is a figure of authority, but only because they have established themselves as a trustworthy figure in the community. It is an Admin's duty to resolve disputes and ensure all members of the community adhere to the rules, regardless of rank or social status. In spite of the powers that come attached to this position, Administrators are expected to act with a proportionate degree of responsibility. As an RP Admin, I believe I would be expected to handle interpersonal issues, game errors, and - hopefully - coordinate and run events for the crew to enjoy.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Captain277] Admin Application (RP)

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Kat!!!! You actually made an application! And didn't even ask me if I'd support you. You showed up a month and a half ago, but only really started playing sometime around the sixteen of this month iirc, and like, yo. In the short time you've been here, you've shown a great interest in several selfless tasks: Mapping, Coding, Spriting. Moreover, you actively engage in conversation with other players and have been nothing but polite, and geared for steering conversations in a constructive manner. I don't really care that you have been around for so little time, the effort you've put in goes above and beyond the average person - I think it'd be a shame if we didn't accept you! (Not to mention you've got quite the résumé.)

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Heck, I told you I would support you nerd.

You've shown a huge drive to help the server out and have been quite helpful, have a good grasp on what sort of behavior we expect on the server.

As for time on server, we've already waived those in two recent admin apps.

Regardless, this has a +1 from me

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1

hey i've known this person for like half a decade (from ss13, not that other rp community they were talking about) and they're Really Cool so yes all my +1
good roleplayer too, and i remember them as being one of the rp people on tg back in the day (which should say a lot because most of us were kind of memers and powergamers)

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

Just a Trialmin so I don't know if my support counts all too much or not but definitly +1 from me.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

yaYou need to enter at least 5 characters.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

Moving to accepted as they've been given trial admin