[Cataclysmanic] RP-Administrator Reeeeeeeeee-Application

Cataclysmanic

[Cataclysmanic] RP-Administrator Reeeeeeeeee-Application

Post by Cataclysmanic »

BYOND ckey: Cataclysmanic
Character name: Nate Fitzgerald, TEAL, Hal Alburn, FISH
Discord username (+user id): Cataclysmanic#1414
How long have you played on Citadel?: Since May 20th 2019
How long have you played SS13?: A little over two years now.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: UTC- 05:00 (EST) I'm most active around 4PM EST to 12AM EST
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None Applicable
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Back when I was in military camp, I had taught the younger units on proper firearm handling and usage. Aside from that, not much administrative experience.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Captain277#3409, Zandario#0001,Kodiak Jackson#7649,Avarice#1619
Reason for application: I've been on this station for a while. I personally have been caught up in a few altercations with another player OOCly, and it sucks, it really does. But there was always an admin there to help remedy the situation. For that, I am thankful, but I want to make this server an even safer environment, where people can just let loose, and have fun, without fear of being ridiculed or attacked as a result. Not to mention, I've been helping behind the scenes in terms of ideas, logic, and calming down players OOC. I want to do more of that, I want to help this server grow.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
I would approach the matter unbiased, and with a level head. I would firstly ask that the OOC issue be brought out of the public to a DM if they cannot come to an understanding. I would ask the two who did what went wrong, and how I can help. If it was a less than serious matter, and just a petty argument, I'd suggest that they both take some time to calm down, and try to come to a logical understanding. If it was a more serious issue I.E a player seeking to instigate arguments, or hunting down a player just to make their gameplay miserable, I'd ask a second admin to help me look into it, get both sides of the story, and punish as needed.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
I would tell the other player that I am calling for an admin, after which, I would ask a second admin to come and act as a third party in the situation. It pays to have an unbiased power in the situation. If no admins are present, I would notify the player that they would have an easier time reaching one through the discord server. I would try to remain in contact with them until another admin can respond to the issue.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
The admin should take a long look at both the severity of the situation at hand, any past rule-breaking or other issues caused by the player, and the implications behind their actions. If the issue at the time was minor, and the player is known to be relatively cooperative, and not a troublemaker, I would let them off with advice, a warning, or both. On more serious issues like repeat offenses, self-antagonizing, or constant OOC hostility, then notes, suspension or banning would be considered, but not jumped to until the situation is fully understood, and an amicable solution would be useless, or impossible.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
When playing as a character in the round who is not in an important position. IE, any head of staff or antagonist. Though, an admin should ONLY knowingly take part in the round as a character when there is an ample supply of admins to handle any altercations.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Admins are expected to maintain the peace, and to always go into a situation with a calm attitude, an unbiased opinion, and with a level head. Admins are expected to remain compassionate, and to treat everyone on this server with respect, disciplining only when a better solution is impossible. Admins are expected to lay the foundations for players to build off of, so they can make the server a treat for themselves.
Last edited by Cataclysmanic on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Cataclysmanic] RP-Administrator Re-Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

I already gave my support, but have it again.

Enzo_Leon

Re: [Cataclysmanic] RP-Administrator Reeeeeeeeee-Application

Post by Enzo_Leon »

Yeah, you've gotten better over time and seem to have learned a lot more.

+1

Zandario

Post by Zandario »

I doubt a maintainer's support is valued in admeme apps, but I trust this guy, I mean he whipped our Sec players into shape a couple times, I'd like to see what he could do as an admin. +1 if possible ;)

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

It's Dean.

Nough' said.

+1

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Oh snap. I meant to be the first +1 on this. Heck.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

yeah they're alright

Enzo_Leon

Post by Enzo_Leon »

Application approved. Welcome aboard.