[WrathScale] : [RP] Event Manager Application

DoofusDan

Post by DoofusDan »

BYOND Ckey: WrathScale
Character Name: Jayce Rosenwell, Nyteria Valaash. I occasionally play random characters to try out new jobs, but they aren't important enough to be listed. Those two are my "mains".
Discord Username (+user id): DoofusDan#0317
Reason for Application: I'd like to lend my aid to creating smallish events for the RP server.
Team Applying For: RP, Event team specifically.

1. When setting up an event for the server, what should be taken into account as your to-do list before announcing the event to the discord/server?
First things first, let the team know that I want to run an event, make sure I'm not going to step on any toes. Then, poll time. See what the current "mood" is for the players. Do they want something chaotic and crazy? Or something more laid back and casual? With that knowledge, I would once again return to the team. Discuss ideas, hammer out the general "This is how it's gonna go" and then find a date that works.

2. What is expected of an Event Manager on Citadel Stations (Main and/or RP)?
Roleplay. This is RP, people come here to unwind and enjoy some quality stories. An Event manager would, in my mind, be expected to adhere to that idea. To work with the community to craft interesting stories, ones that people can talk about with joy rather then regret or, worse, anger. We're all here to build stories, the Manager has been given the responsibility of helping that along...not hindering it. Naturally, there are the other things that are expected. Be friendly, helpful, so on and so forth.

3. What would you call a fun addition to a current round if the players are wanting extra spice?
Admittedly one of my biggest reasons for applying is I want to give Exploration more things to do that aren't just clicking on mobs. Perhaps they can find a crashed survivor? A crazed hermit...a weird artifact or even a new alien species? Perhaps an ancient temple with odd writing on the walls...The possibilities are endless in my mind!

Of course, focusing solely on Exploration would ignore a big part of our playerbase. Those aboard the station proper requesting some "spice" might get a special request from CC. A special order of chems if medical seems bored? Perhaps CC is looking for some "catering" if our service team is unoccupied. And, of course....I have always wanted to run a laser-tag event. I'd play it by ear and adapt my ideas based on who the request is coming from.

4. If an event you're hosting is going off the rails, or that the players are reacting to the event in a way that is steering away from your original plan and idea,
what would you do at that point for the event?

As a DM for god knows how many years...I've had this happen so many times I've lost count. Improv is key. I'd flow with the players and their actions, adjusting my plans on the fly in an effort to fit the original idea but also account for the new direction the players are moving in. Roll with what the server seems to be angling towards, even if it runs counter to my original idea. After all, this is supposed to be fun for them, and if this new idea is more fun...why not run with it? At the end of the day, this event is for them. Not for me.

Cataclysmanic

Re: [WrathScale] : [RP] Event Manager Application

Post by Cataclysmanic »

Not sure if, as a trial admin, I have any say in this. But I support this application. Calm guy, always open to suggestions. From what I've seen, he's got the mindset for a job like this.

DiscordWizard

Post by DiscordWizard »

From the app alone I really like the response on the fourth question. I haven't played that much lately so I don't know how you act either in-game or out of it, but from the answers alone I'd support this one

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

Even just observing more than a handful of rounds that you've been sort of trying to unfuck things/scenarios that were at first an ic issue that blew up into a ship wide manhunt, I can say without a doubt that you try to make things fun for folks and roleplay it out with others with a healthy dose of improv i0nstead of just "Unga me hit thing", so I'm interested in how that'll go if given access to tools to effectively change and build a landscape to help run an event among other things.

+1 from me as I want to see the memes go down

Enzo_Leon

Post by Enzo_Leon »

+1 from me as well.

Love the responses from this.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Meant to comment on this a few days ago. +1

Silicons