[RussianArmsDealer] [RP] Admin Application

Nepbalt

[RussianArmsDealer] [RP] Admin Application

Post by Nepbalt »

BYOND ckey: RussianArmsDealer
Character name: Jade Yu, Cobalt
Discord username (+user id): Kat Computer#0404
How long have you played on Citadel?: I've been with Citadel since 2018 but I only became properly invested in the RP server since around June/July 2020.
How long have you played SS13?: I've played SS13 since 2014, but I got particularly interested in it around 2016-17.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: I live in UTC 0/GMT however my sleep schedule literally doesn't exist so your mileage may vary. Usually, I exist afternoon/late evening my timezone, from ~16:00-23:00.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: I messed around in a server I set up for my friends once, that's literally it.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: I have experience administrating discord roleplays and community servers ranging from ~70-250 members, including heading up administration of a ~250 member server for a community. I also run the lore team for another roleplay.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevinz000, Avarice, Captain277
Reason for application: The server is going through bad times and I want to try and do my part to push it in the right direction, and advocate for/support the community

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
It depends on what the altercation is and where it's happening. Presuming it's LOOC, I'd talk to both of them and warn them to cease their behaviour, and then depending on the situation's context, message them to get more information on what was going on and if intervention is needed. Presuming they continue, the best option would be to either mute the offending players and PM them, or depending on the circumstance, disable the OOC channel entirely for a temporary period.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Delegate. If you're involved in the administrative issue, you should bring it up to the other administrators online and available, and if one is not on, contact the admin team on the discord. Should for some ungodly reason no one shows up, you should do your best to remain impartial and perhaps keep the issue on hold (if possible) until another administrator can come online. If the situation requires immediate rectification, the administrator should act in the best interests of the round and the server and inform the rest of the team of the situation. This is the type of procedure I hold myself to in situations like this where I am involved.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
It's all about severity, context, and history. The server has rules in place that cover a lot of situations, and outline what is/isn't okay, what rules administrators are beholden to, and the policy for how admins should conduct themselves when handing out punishments or revolving a situation. As stated in the policy, you should first investigate the situation to ascertain what is going on, why it's going on, and who was involved. Then, you should question the relevant parties to ascertain their testimony of what went down. Once this has been done, you can determine what actions you must take as an administrator. Personally, in situations where it's possible, I like to mediate between parties and try and help people rather than punish them. However, many circumstances require punishments or reprimands and I do my best to make whatever action be proportional to the individual's attitude, wrongdoing, and history. An important thing to remember is always what is an IC situation, and what is an administrtive situation. This line can blur a lot, but it's always best to at least question a situation than ignore it. All ahelps should be given the same respect and treatment unless it's blatantly something stupid.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing? An admin should de-admin themselves if they are actively participating in a round, especially if they are an important role, such as a head of staff or security, or they are ICly involved in an event. Having admin enabled can grant you a lot of unfair advantages simply from enhanced awareness of what is going on in the round, and so if you are participating in it you should heavily restrict having your admin enabled. For me, I'd probably keep my admin off the vast majority of the time I am playing because of the roles I play and my desire to keep my RP as organic as possible. Knowing things OOCly kind-of ruins that.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel? An Administrator's duty is to support the community with rule enforcement, mediation, and by answering questions players may have regarding the server, or round. As an admin, you represent the staff team of Citadel and with such comes both power and responsibility that you should use wisely and with care. Just because you have the ability to hand out punishment doesn't mean you should be hunting for bans/notes, nor does it mean you can now ignore problems when it conveniences you because it's 'not worth your time.' It is your job to support the server to the best of your ability.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [RussianArmsDealer] [RP] Admin Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Already said I supported ya but I'll say it again. Solid player, has been around a while, too. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement and you'll do great.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

+1, Jade is a good player and they'll make a solid addition to the team.

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

Fuck it, why not, 1+ from me
As long as they can meme and know that it'll be suffering

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

approved, awaiting verification