[Blue Wildrose] - Admin Application

Blubelle

[Blue Wildrose] - Admin Application

Post by Blubelle »

BYOND ckey: Blue Wildrose
Character name: Primarily Blubelle Rosa, Melancholy the Mime, BubbleOS the AI, or MonoOS. Bubblebot as a cyborg. Many other characters but would be quite a lot to list.
Discord username (+user id): Blubelle#4956
How long have you played on Citadel?: I've existed since about September 2019 I believe. Maybe later or sooner, I can't remember. I've had about six months of downtime in between.
How long have you played SS13?: I've started playing since 2012. Been playing it on and off, not obviously every day. Several months of downtime in between.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: MST
Previous SS13 related admin experience: I know how to fiddle with most of the admin verbs at most, I've ran my own games where I've playtested stuff for coding purposes. Never been an admin straight up on an active server before.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Previously have been a part of two gaming communities involving servers where I've moderated and upheld the rules in particular locations. Otherwise have administrated forums before.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: probably Silicons/Kevinz
Reason for application: Kevinz suggested that I should bravely take on this stress-inducing position, so I guess I'll submit an application for it. If there's a need for extra hands, I'll be willing to take on this position to hopefully ease the burden that the other admins have.

What forms Citadel Station is not the server itself, but the community, and providing a contribution to that community will certainly keep that community alive. I've previously contributed with bug fixes and a few occasional features via coding, and I figure I can also contribute with enforcing.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
It depends on how disruptive they are to the environment around them. If it was something happening in in-game OOC chat for instance, chances are OOC would get muted for a bit and they would be told to take it somewhere private. It'd be up to me if I want to mediate or diffuse what's going on between them or not but ultimately it's a personal matter, usually. It should be made sure that's what they want as well.

Naturally, threats to one's well being should be taken very seriously if they do happen on the other hand.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
BWOINK

But seriously, if there's something that happens to me in-game, naturally I should be trying to get another admin to diffuse the situation, and not me. And vice versa - if a de-admin'd admin was playing, they should request the help of an active admin. You are your own worst critic.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Depends on the intention. If they're obviously there to troll, as in they're a newcomer who's self antagging on purpose with a trollish character name, chances are they won't last long. If it seems like people are genuinely trying to learn and they make a mistake here and there, leave a note about them at minimum so that admins are aware that you've had a talk with them about them accidentally releasing the singularity or whatever. Repeated mistakes may require warnings or punishments on the other hand. Escalation, basically. It's not common but there are those who'll play dumb in order to get away with being as problematic as possible.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Any time where they could receive information that may spoil things for their own goals. Security or head role trying to find out who, what, and where the baddies are? Turn it off. Antagonist? Turn it off. Likely should keep it off anyways during rounds that aren't lax anyways. Chances are they might end up playing a scientist out to get revenge on some antag who tried firing on them for tattling on them when they saw them hold a revolver earlier. Keep it off to free oneself of meta knowledge.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Professionalism and being conductful. Carry little bias while administrating. Upholding the rules perhaps with some lax here and there - as in following the spirit of the rules rather than the letter of the rules.
Last edited by Blubelle on Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Silicons

Re: [Blue Wildrose] - Admin Application

Post by Silicons »

based and epic have the +1

Xantholne

Post by Xantholne »

based and blueslime pilled +1

FoxyStalin

Post by FoxyStalin »

Pretty solid responses, and you've always seemed level headded. +1

DeltaFire

Post by DeltaFire »

Haven't seen too much of you personally though I do recall you being on the server somewhat frequently, and I haven't exactly had any bad runins with you either.
Pretty good answers, wouldn't be opposed to trialminning.
+0.5

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

You're not exactly around a whole lot. We have enough staff who exist to just take up space.

1. We shouldn't particularly be encouraging people to harass eachother in DMs (that's just me being nitpicky over exact wordings). Still a fine answer.
2. ..Pretty much yes
3. Pretty much accuate, most of the time such behavior is incredibly easy to find out if they're just a troll, people tend to be very uncreative.
4. Pretty much accurate.
5. Eh on the lax part, the rules exist for a reason yada yada. Every situation however, is different. So this is fine, really.

No real strong opinion due to the fact that you aren't around a whole lot. Good answers but...activity .