PastelPrinceDan

[PastelPrinceDan] RP Admin Application

Post by PastelPrinceDan »

BYOND ckey: PastelPrinceDan
Character name: Kiyoshi Maki, Katsumi Sato, Ella Viklund, others
Discord username (+user id): dan.#8166
How long have you played on Citadel?: About a year
How long have you played SS13?: Same as above, about a year
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: GMT+0, active around 2pm to 2am
Previous SS13 related admin experience: No experience as admin - however, I've been EM for around a month and see what's going on behind the scenes, as well as provide input at times, if that matters at all.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: None.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Captain and mouse kind of told me to apply at some point, so make of that what you will.
Reason for application: As I said previously, I've been EM for about a month and have seen what's happening behind the scenes. I see ahelps and such, and... I'm interested in doing more than just events, and want to help with the admin side of things as well. Also, we need EU hours staff.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?

First of all - if the altercation is getting heated, I'd tell them to calm down a bit. Then I'd get both sides of the story, and proceed from there. Either find a way to resolve things peacefully, or if there's a more pressing issue between the players, deal out punishment where it's needed (i.e. if one of them is being extremely toxic, etc). Also, document it somewhere - either notes or logs channels.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Get another admin to help with it - it's hard to stay unbiased when you're involved. If no one is available at all, I'd try my best to stay as unbiased and impartial as possible while dealing with the issue.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
First step would be seeing how severe the offense is - if it's minor, be more lenient. Then, check whether or not it's a first-time offense, or part of something larger, by checking notes (or asking other admins as well). If I'm unsure what to do exactly, I'd ask other admins for input.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
On RP, I don't think de-admining really matters, given the lack of antags. However, if antag events are happening: when playing any other role than civilian or when being an antag.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Stay unbiased, make sure rules are being followed, and make sure that people aren't impeding on others' fun. Gather facts from admins and players, don't be too much of a hardass when dealing with people.

Captain277

Re: [PastelPrinceDan] RP Admin Application

Post by Captain277 »

Oh hey, nice to see an application. I'll +1 this. I know on its own that's basically a confirmation, but I'd like to have another +1 or two, just for posterity.

DoofusDan

Post by DoofusDan »

Not sure if the EM thing counts for much here but

Pastel Cat good. Very good.

Perhaps....even based?

Joking aside I think he'd make a fine admin. +1, for what it's worth!

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

hire hm

Jaybirdnerd

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello Dan,

I'm here to personally state on my own accord that I've seen you conduct yourself pretty fairly around players and that you seem to have a valid grasp on what you're doing well enough to make it this far and to keep yourself as an Event Manager within the community with minimal to none issues prior to this application. That said, you applying for admin struck me somewhat strange when I first saw this post or heard about it my first go-around. Lets take a look and see what you've wrote here, the general sentiment between you and the community, and how things have been thus far.

For starters, I am semi-partial to you becoming staff so my words here should be taken in with a grain of salt. I believe you're full well capable, as I've said, enough that you know to some degree what you're doing or what staff do on the regular basis. There is, however, the small matter of knowing that you're capable of being an admin pre-trialship. I have bore witness to you being full well capable of having held the reigns of adminverbs long enough to know you are capable enough to not completely decimate the server at your own whim, and in turn, have sat down and bore witness to admins taking action against players or handling difficult situations enough to know that you can emulate it on your own. Given enough time and dedication to watching admins handle things of their own accord one should be more than applicable emulating it even in their sleep. It's partially how I got started with my trial admin status, and when I became full administrator I still watched others for a time before taking the first few steps to handle things outright.

Secondly, I would like to touch back on the topic of capability of handling admin verbs with little to none issues and how you've conducted yourself within the community. I've seen you run events and help out with them before, I've also seen you communicate with the community long enough to know you are a valuable asset to have in community-staff relations. I'm proud to know that you've been full well partaking with the community long enough that I can give my vouch on your status as the positive reinforcement this community actually REALLY needs right now considering that there's more drama and outcry from the general populace towards administrative bias. As long as you're here, and can quell the fires that are other players speaking in a negative light among us, then you would be a perfect person to have as far as administrative requirements need.

Thirdly, If memory serves you are in a timeslot that we actually would need due to the administrative team being primarily nightshift, or at least myself being. I tend to play from 8pm to 7am, personally, so I miss the 2pm 'ahelp: cluwne in maint pls ban he'/ahelp needs of the playerbase. We need a lot more time-active admins and I believe you're someone (yet again) sitting on a valuable asset that we are lacking at this time. For this, I say, yes you should be administrator as well as how well you've integrated yourself into the community as well as how you've handled yourself with being an Event Manager. That's so far a 2-3 for positive marks. Lets take another look at the rest of this post, though, before jumping forward to conclusion.

Fourth, and finally, I think you've done fairly well to have made the push forward towards the next logical conclusion for your case. That said, I do think we are hemorrhaging Event Managers or aren't meeting the need and requirement for them at least for the roleplay server. I do want to correct your application, however, and let you know that I've seen you as an event manager for fairly longer than a month now if memory serves, if not, then I'm probably confusing you with another Event Manager. The prior sentence is unrelated to the rest of this one, however, and as I had stated beforehand we do need Event Managers, yet, we also need European-timezone-centric staff more than anything.

I would like to take another moment to reiterate what I've been saying, give a short summation and basically clarify what I have been saying this whole time in this long-winded post.

I believe firmly that Dan here would be a perfect admin among the lot of us, given that he's proved himself well in the past while that I've known them, they are EU-Centric in their timezone, have positively impacted the roleplay server by being a part of it's community actively, have proved themselves time and time again to be a trustworthy individual among the lot of us enough that they cannot wreak havoc among the server, won't outwardly share information within the administrative channels, and won't cause issue being put in a trial-admin state long enough that they can learn and emulate the goings ons of their fellow peers until they are fully ready to hop out of the nest, open their wings mid-plummet and soar off into being more than capable of handling issues on their own accord akin to a baby falcon leaving the nest after watching it's peers take flight and soar freely among the sheer thickened breeze that is the tribulations that come with this role. You're gonna go far, kid.

Final Verdict: 3-3. A +1 from me, personally, and I've proven it mathematically via the sources above. If the positive outcry among other admins in this thread wasn't enough to solidify your status of trial-admin, then this post should be the final push that sets this thing into motion. Hopefully. Here's well wishing, huh?

See you next post,

-Jay