[Enzo_Leon] - [RP] Event Manager Application

Enzo_Leon

[Enzo_Leon] - [RP] Event Manager Application

Post by Enzo_Leon »

BYOND Ckey: Enzo_Leon
Character Name: Enzo Leon
Discord Username (+user id): Enzo Leon #0001 ( 109165874962792448 )
Reason for Application: Well, all things considered all the work I put into RP I still want to do something to help it out even with my side project and what not that I'm investing in now. If this is declined on my style of departure that's fine, but figured I'd still toss this in cause event running is a lot of fun.
Team Applying For: RP

(Haha this is funny, and was going to eventually happen, but hey circumstances happen and here we are)

1. When setting up an event for the server, what should be taken into account as your to-do list before announcing the event to the discord/server?
- Start a vote at LEAST a week or so in advance if planning to do a large scale event for the server, otherwise a few day notice of a small event going on is best.
- Once a vote is finished and the count is sorted through, prep a general list of your event on things to expect
- Expected/Hopeful outcome
- Most likely hitches
- Secondary/etc routes to take event outcome depending on organic crew interaction
- Number of ghosts/help needed to ensure the event can run
- Note if the round is going to be an IC story-moving round to advance server lore, or a fun OOC style event where people will have more free reign

2. What is expected of an Event Manager on Citadel Stations (Main and/or RP)?
To be able to provide a story, or spice of entertainment to the active rounds for everyone involved. Helping out on Prays, or players doing interesting current-round interactions that a small nudge to give a more involved feeling to their actions goes a long way and can help a player feel that much more welcomed.

3. What would you call a fun addition to a current round if the players are wanting extra spice?
- This will adapt and change depending on the crew that's on board. As you go further into your event work you'll start to know who likes what, and what reactions will come from what players or departments normally. A common spice addition for RP specifically is the ship running into "unexplainable" issues that can either pave way for something of a light horror setting, or that a special guest or request is coming through that the facility will need to help ensure is handled.

4. If an event you're hosting is going off the rails, or that the players are reacting to the event in a way that is steering away from your original plan and idea,
what would you do at that point for the event?
- Work with the changes and situation that is unfolding. The best stories and events are those that are not forcing players to follower the story-masters personal story, but for the story-master to instead take these changes and add more to it and make sure the tale that is given at the end of the round is something that's talked about in the future for however long.

Jaybirdnerd

Re: [Enzo_Leon] - [RP] Event Manager Application

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello Enzo,

Glad to see you're back, bud! It feels like it's been ages since I've seen you play here, and I'm glad you're wanting to apply for EM or staff role once again!

I'm happy to say that personally I feel this deserves a +1 due to both personally knowing Enzo well enough to know that he's capable of running an event (again, you were headmin for how long? And staff how long before that???) well enough on his own to have my positivity and encouragement on his side.

Along with this, it's always good to have more Event Manager applications on this community, especially from longtime players or prior admins.

In summary: Welcome back, we've missed you old friend. +1.

See you next post,

-Jay

Drofoljaelisglis

Post by Drofoljaelisglis »

Since other EMs can give input for applicants to the EM team, I give Enzo my support. I know he's done good in the past, and his answers to all the list of questions are good.

Hope you get approved, and hopefully you'll find that EM is much less stressful and much more enjoyable than Adminning is - that's been my experience, anyways.

+1, ++Rep, Plus-One, etc.

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

He asked me to post on his application. I'm in support of demoting you to Event Manager, take my plus one.

HarliChan

Post by HarliChan »

It would take an absolute fool to -1 one of the best staff members that assisted this community. You're were an amazing admin, a stellar headmin and are an even greater friend and I'm absolutely certain you'll make an amazing EM, you're events were some of the most looked up on when ran.

I only have one thing to say to you.

You're a fucking nerd Ratboi.
+1

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Obviously you're getting my +1. We'll update perms later.