[ CygnusB ] Administrator ReApplication

CygnusB
BYOND Username: CygnusB

[ CygnusB ] Administrator ReApplication

Post by CygnusB »

BYOND CKey: CygnusB

Character name: Malric Terrowin / Cygnus / Fenris / Space Traffic Controller

Discord username (+user id): CygnusB#6623 ( ID 168581379427270656 )

How long have you played on Citadel?: Tough 'cause my memory's jack shit, but, I reckon more than a year definitely, less than two years. Playtime is around 1000 to 1300 hours.

How long have you played SS13?: Since I began in Cit, I can't really tell specifically. So, more than a year, less than two years.

What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Timezone is UTC -03, a few hours ahead of east USA in general. I have most of my day free, and I plan to be active for at least two rounds a day if not more.

Previous SS13 related admin experience: Here, for... I think a year? Maybe a bit less? Hyper Station in total for 7 months ish.

Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: A Second-Life roleplay sim where I took the position of Group Leader for a few months until I gave it up due to IRL issues (then 2IC/Second in command).

Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Haven't asked.

Reason for (re)application: I never formally retired. I had a bad time in general and felt like quitting everything in general, only to come back to 'normal' a few days after. I must admit my attention to the game / interest was waning and I didn't feel like "vanilla" SS13 much. Reason I haven't reapplied back then is due to that, inactivity and lack of interest in the game itself. Right now I believe I'm in a nominal spot to reapply.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Depending on the context; if they're arguing in a peaceful or civil manner I'd most likely leave them be, but if insults or threats are being made to either side I'd mute OOC and or warn them not to be disrespectful to either member/drop it. We're all here to supposedly have fun in a videogame anyways.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Call another administrator. No exceptions.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Depending on the context prior, and what responses are gathered from the admin PMs. Attitude, are they genuinely sorry or feeling regretful? Are they new to the server / SS13 in general? Was it made out of spite/malice/grudging another player? Context plays heavily but, ultimately:
- Their replies during Admin PMs.
- The severity of the rule break.
- How often the player broke that rule / breaks other rules.
- Their intent / purpose to break a rule.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
On roles that interact with antagonists mostly, to avoid accidental usage of metainformation while playing Heads of Staff and Security.
Or when playing as an antagonist.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Hopefully to understand and investigate context when dealing with most situations.
Else, to keep a positive environment both in-game and in the Discord.

CygnusB
BYOND Username: CygnusB

Re: [ CygnusB ] Administrator ReApplication

Post by CygnusB »

Wait I'm actually a Game Admin on the forums still. Wacky.

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Fat cunt.

>Still forum admin.
I have angery.

Anyway I don't remember anything negative about you that I can put out there, you just kinda vibed and sometimes did admin things. This is ok, so ez +1

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

BlackMajor wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:16 pm
Fat cunt.

>Still forum admin.
I have angery.

Anyway I don't remember anything negative about you that I can put out there, you just kinda vibed and sometimes did admin things. This is ok, so ez +1
shoulda ran for headmin fucker save me :(

anyways yeah +1 im speeding you through since old staff in 1-2 days unless anyone brings up serious complaints

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

Woo.
Wasn't there a joke that now I'm back you'd return too? Better live up to it. Plus we could use admins for his time zones.
+1

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

yeah aight bet