HeroWithYay : Main Event Manager Application

HeroWithYay

HeroWithYay : Main Event Manager Application

Post by HeroWithYay »

BYOND Ckey: HeroWithYay
Character Name: Hero Aurra
Discord Username (+user id): Hero with Yay#1276
Reason for Application: I have a number of events planned that is significant enough that I thought it was worth applying.
Team Applying For: Main

1. When setting up an event for the server, what should be taken into account as your to-do list before announcing the event to the discord/server?

For any major events my general list would be:
Planning out the stages of the event.
Getting a second opinion on the plan/event.
Testing the mechanical aspects of the event on my own test server.
PR'ing the event's required assets/code

After that (in the case of a large event that players may not want to miss out on) it would be worth polling to find a time that would suit the largest number of players before finalizing and announcing it.
In the case of smaller events that wouldn't be announced it's just a matter of waiting for a shift with a suitable number of bored players and ghosts willing to participate.

2. What is expected of an Event Manager on Citadel Stations (Main)?

I would generally hope the expectations of an Event Manager would be to be active, regularly plan, code, and run events that players are likely to enjoy participating in, and to spend time monitoring/improving rounds that have become boring for the players involved. This would include knowing when not to interfere with a round and taking into consideration what the individual players in a given round are likely to enjoy.

3. What would you call a fun addition to a current round if the players are wanting extra spice?

What would classify as a "fun addition" depends heavily on the current pop count and who the actual players ingame are. Whereas some players may enjoy tackling threats such as a blob, ninja, or gigantic rat, other groups may not enjoy facing off against antagonists at all and would prefer something that is more harmless like a Centcom Official or something that isn't directly involving such as Fugitives.

Rounds like this are also good opportunities to try planned, more elaborate events if the player numbers are suitable.

4. If an event you're hosting is going off the rails, or that the players are reacting to the event in a way that is steering away from your original plan and idea,
what would you do at that point for the event?

If players are enjoying the event, regardless of whether it followed my original planned structure it could often be better to improvise and facilitate the new direction. Not every event is going to go exactly according to plan and events should be designed with player influence in mind.

In the rare case something is REALLY going wrong, rather than interfere directly it would be better to bus something in such as a Ninja or ERT with specific objectives to fix whatever or whoever the problem is so as not to ruin anyone's immersion.

Silicons

Re: HeroWithYay : Main Event Manager Application

Post by Silicons »

the magic eightball returned with inconsistent answers
/s

i will be giving them a trial run as EA soon.