theknightofaura RP Event Manager Application ((mk:2))

Auraknight

theknightofaura RP Event Manager Application ((mk:2))

Post by Auraknight »

BYOND Ckey: theknightofaura
Character Name: San Kun, Miiks, Aquisite, Sato Nomi, Vio Aconite
Discord Username (+user id): Auraknight#5417
Reason for Application: I enjoy the server, and I enjoy making my own events for it that I can run without admin assistance. I've also done several events _with_ EM assistance successfully so far, and hope to do more in the future regardless
Team Applying For: RP

1. When setting up an event for the server, what should be taken into account as your to-do list before announcing the event to the discord/server?

What times have peak players, or a more optimal playercount for the event you have in mind. Some events are perfect for spicing up lower-pop hours. You also need to consider how you'll get the extra manpower you'll need, should your event require it. Outside of the announcement, you should also have more then just a general idea of what you want to do. Item lists, with in-code names, having what buttons and changes you'll need to make, and what to do if things go wrong. You should also figure just how chaotic the event is, and the level of likely death, so that some players can choose to skip out if it's not to their tastes.

2. What is expected of an Event Manager on Citadel Stations (Main and/or RP)?

To run and host events occasionally, (and perhaps importantly: not _constantly_ ) That spice up the rounds of the server with that touch of unexpected. They are expected to organize and help man events that occur, even if they're not their own events.

3. What would you call a fun addition to a current round if the players are wanting extra spice?

An exotic goods trader is a personal favourite of mine, but something smaller is likewise valid: An inter-departmental scavenger hunt, comms banter, activation of one of the existing event buttons, or even as little as false alarms: Somtimes, players overreacting to next to nothing can create interesting gameplay and RP interaction. It also really depends on what departments are staffed at the moment, and how late into the round it is. After hour 3, filling a hallway with snow is a lot more entertaining!

4. If an event you're hosting is going off the rails, or that the players are reacting to the event in a way that is steering away from your original plan and idea,
what would you do at that point for the event?

It really depends on the event. A lot of plans can be adjusted to follow the original guidelines, even if they take the wrong door: Their answer and solution can lead to a good, or bad, result, even if it's not _your_ result. As long as the players are having fun, it's probably going good. Care needs to be taken that you don't prioritize one group of player's enjoyment over others, but actions shouldn't be without consequence. More dangerous events will likely result in people getting hurt, or even death. Make the dying as fun as possible, because _being_ dead isn't necessarily interesting. (Dead, or any other method of being, effectively, out of the round.) To summarize: Steer what you can towards fun, damage control what you can't to keep people able to play the round, and overall try to avoid making the experience feel hollow, because the only thing worse then no event is an event where what you did didn't matter at all. No chance of failure, no difficult success, no fun.

Jaybirdnerd

Re: theknightofaura RP Event Manager Application ((mk:2))

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello Knight,

+1, I feel like you're good for the job.

Thank you for applying,

~Jay

PlumeOfSmoke

Post by PlumeOfSmoke »

I've had you in an event before and chatted a bit when I was more active. You've got a good mindset I'd figure for hosting events too! I dunno if my recommendation would make any difference but I'd give this a +1

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

This all looks pretty good to me. I'll give you a +1.