[Higi] Admin Application for Main

TripleShades

[Higi] Admin Application for Main

Post by TripleShades »

BYOND ckey: Higi
Character name: Friend, Catlyn Nyash, TEMP, FOE, Cirrus Foafriend, Solar Foafriend, Aurora Foafriend
Discord username (+user id): Friend (x5), Trip#8773
How long have you played on Citadel?: 12/4/2019 as a join date
How long have you played SS13?: Three years
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Eastern Standard Time, 1PM-2AM
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: A dress-up gacha game discord, stepped down of my own accord
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Silicons? Maybe??
Reason for application: I keep my promises, and if someone says I should then I might as well go for it.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Assuming it's entirely in LOOC or OOC, respond that they need to take it to private DMs (if in OOC) if it's something that needs to be privately discussed between the two parties OR if it's a matter that needs an immediate decision from an admin make that decision OR ask them to make a ticket in discord/ahelp it properly so that it can be mediated without disturbing players who have OOC unmuted, otherwise attempt to mediate between them (if in LOOC) if possible using the funny ability as admin to ghost LOOC, assuming that it isn't again something that needs to be properly ticketed/ahelped.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
If it's an in-round thing that doesn't require immediate intervention (such as the game breaking itself), attempt to contact another admin so that they may take care of it, via ahelp or a ping if needed for urgency.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Gathering as much information as possible about the situation before going to the punishment stage based on rules. It can be highly dependant on the person who broke them (do they have a history of doing this? are they already warned about unrelated things that puts them on thin ice? was it malicious or an excessive reaction to something?) and also the people around them that were affected, if any (did they ahelp it? how salty did everyone get over it, and if not, was it enjoyable?)
Granted, none of this is applicable depending on exactly which rule was broken, such as: lying about one's age, sexual harassment (repeated or otherwise), abusing a bug to the complete detriment of the server and/or gameplay and/or players.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
Honestly, unless you're up to being on-call the entire game, you should probably de-admin yourself. If this ends up being more frequent then having admin on, maybe you need a break?
I don't doubt that this is a rather extreme opinion, so I will call it such, as unprofessional as that might be.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
To be able to have fair judgement over internal matters and affairs related to your station, keep a level head, be able to delegate matters to appropriate staff other than yourself, as well as being able to step back and have others step back when overstepping boundries.
Anything else is optional work, though it wouldn't be entirely frowned upon, such as: mapping, coding, wiki maintainment, git pr maintaining.
Last edited by TripleShades on Sat May 29, 2021 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redtail

Re: [Higi] Admin Application for Main

Post by Redtail »

I'm ex staff so my opinion matters very little but i still care about the place enough to voice my input. You've proven to be quite toxic and one of the biggest reasons for why I chose to step down in the first place. Coupled with a couple of times of first hand of seeing you get heated up and even having a headmin come in and threaten to kick you for how toxic you were being...I can't see you being a good candidate for staff. But, that's just like my opinion man i have no meat in the game, just voicing what i've experienced.

TripleShades

Post by TripleShades »

Redtail wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 5:36 pm
I'm ex staff so my opinion matters very little but i still care about the place enough to voice my input. You've proven to be quite toxic and one of the biggest reasons for why I chose to step down in the first place. Coupled with a couple of times of first hand of seeing you get heated up and even having a headmin come in and threaten to kick you for how toxic you were being...I can't see you being a good candidate for staff. But, that's just like my opinion man i have no meat in the game, just voicing what i've experienced.
With all due respect, sir, in that specific conversation you're referencing, you were also performing toxic behaviors yourself, of which I will not go into detail here. As a non-staff member, I was also well within my rights to become heated, since the expectations of players are not quite the same as one in a position of power, which you yourself were at the time. Perhaps you should hold, or have held I suppose, yourself to the same standards?

I am well aware that my application to become an admin will in all likely-hood be turned down because of my past behaviors, regardless, but I did say I would make one, and I have. Nothing more or less.

CoffeeJinx

Post by CoffeeJinx »

-1 to 0 if an argument is made. I personally enjoy Friend ic as a player, so this is more just me not supporting my current understanding of your takes on certain aspects of the game. We are trying to improve the rules on antag behavior with a focus on causing some kind of impact, loosening round removal, and overall allow gremlin like actions to take place. I would consider you very anti antags/midrounds/gremlins to the point I don't see you able to not let that influence your decision making process. If you can convince me otherwise I think you would enforce rules rather well, but I just can't have faith going from my experience from ic/dchat/ooc and the discord. There isn't one prime example just my overall take on your opinions on the matter. Give me a good enough argument and I'll be willing to change my mind on the matter.

TripleShades

Post by TripleShades »

CoffeeJinx wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:39 am
-1 to 0 if an argument is made. I personally enjoy Friend ic as a player, so this is more just me not supporting my current understanding of your takes on certain aspects of the game. We are trying to improve the rules on antag behavior with a focus on causing some kind of impact, loosening round removal, and overall allow gremlin like actions to take place. I would consider you very anti antags/midrounds/gremlins to the point I don't see you able to not let that influence your decision making process. If you can convince me otherwise I think you would enforce rules rather well, but I just can't have faith going from my experience from ic/dchat/ooc and the discord. There isn't one prime example just my overall take on your opinions on the matter. Give me a good enough argument and I'll be willing to change my mind on the matter.
My extreme apologies for taking so long to answer this, but I had to think upon what you said. While it is true that I am against extreme antagonistic behaviors, it stems from the fact that we currently don't have the pop to really sustain high chaos right now, so our regulars who normally go hard as antag are being punished more harshly when they don't tone it down to match our current population levels (both in terms of heads/sec and overall crew population.) I am not, however, against antags in the slightest, and I believe they're intregal to how SS13 gameplay and game feel works. Midrounds are also very crucial, especially in this time when we have little going on, to give people something to keep on their toes about. About gremlins... It's not so bad, but when players get to the point where they dont know if a gremlin is a real antag or not, it becomes very confusing. There's an important balance to be had in each of these roles, and I understand that not everyone can perform in that balance easily, either because they're too good or not good at all or they have differing opinions on how those roles should impact a round.

I hope that this answer satisfies you, and I'm more than willing to answer or clarify anything that I've said here.

Krzyzstof_K

Post by Krzyzstof_K »

Redtail wrote:
Same sense here, personally I can also support this claim of just toxicity-generally, you hold a lot of negative drive towards people, not all the time but it’s definitely there. I definitely don’t play as much as I used to for reasons of my own to really see any recent behavior to certainly claim validity towards what I’ve stated.

Goes for the same, these are just my observations and I’d like to put them out there for the sake to make sure this isn’t something more people might claim to also see with you.

TripleShades

Post by TripleShades »

Krzyzstof_K wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:30 pm
Redtail wrote:
Same sense here, personally I can also support this claim of just toxicity-generally, you hold a lot of negative drive towards people, not all the time but it’s definitely there. I definitely don’t play as much as I used to for reasons of my own to really see any recent behavior to certainly claim validity towards what I’ve stated.

Goes for the same, these are just my observations and I’d like to put them out there for the sake to make sure this isn’t something more people might claim to also see with you.
Quite honestly, for non-staff, you do seem to want to butt your head in and comment when you don't need to, but I'm not here to vilify you, so I will address your concerns.
Yes, I am a very negative person, and in fact I know I go far too hard on others very vocally when angered or I feel as though things need to be said that aren't of the nicest terms. As staff, I would obviously have to reign this in quite a large deal, and am willing to put forth the energy and effort to do so to maintain the proper etiquette that a member of staff should be held to. I hope that what I've said here will assuage your concerns, but I also know that it's hard to take my word for things without, as the saying goes, putting my money where my mouth is.

Krzyzstof_K

Post by Krzyzstof_K »

TripleShades wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:07 am
Quite honestly, for non-staff, you do seem to want to butt your head in and comment when you don't need to, but I'm not here to vilify you, so I will address your concerns.
These are merely my concerns, and people are allowed to voice their opinions last time I checked, no need to make this personal; This is a community, not a club.

Although-I will have to say, this comment is already slightly concerning behavior of passive-aggressiveness.

Edit:
TripleShades wrote:
Yes, I am a very negative person, and in fact I know I go far too hard on others very vocally when angered or I feel as though things need to be said that aren't of the nicest terms. As staff, I would obviously have to reign this in quite a large deal, and am willing to put forth the energy and effort to do so to maintain the proper etiquette that a member of staff should be held to.
If you're having to reign it in, this means it's still an occurring problem-I honestly do not find this very convincing, you're doing this for free of your own time. I believe you should be putting forth energy from this moment BEFORE you become staff, otherwise again, same concerns as before. It also isn't the problem about how hard you go vocally, but how direct you can be with it.

TripleShades

Post by TripleShades »

Krzyzstof_K wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:20 pm
TripleShades wrote:
These are merely my concerns, and people are allowed to voice their opinions last time I checked, no need to make this personal; This is a community, not a club.

Although-I will have to say, this comment is already slightly concerning behavior of passive-aggressiveness.

Edit:
TripleShades wrote:
Yes, I am a very negative person, and in fact I know I go far too hard on others very vocally when angered or I feel as though things need to be said that aren't of the nicest terms. As staff, I would obviously have to reign this in quite a large deal, and am willing to put forth the energy and effort to do so to maintain the proper etiquette that a member of staff should be held to.
If you're having to reign it in, this means it's still an occurring problem-I honestly do not find this very convincing, you're doing this for free of your own time. I believe you should be putting forth energy from this moment BEFORE you become staff, otherwise again, same concerns as before. It also isn't the problem about how hard you go vocally, but how direct you can be with it.
As a preface, I am only going to ask this once. Do not respond again, as this can and will get wildly off topic, and is not the purpose of the application form.

People who are players are not held to nearly the same standard as staff, as thus as players we have much more freedom of expression and our words and actions because of that. There's no reason that a player should not be allowed to act casually or naturally in their behavior as long as it's not to the detriment of others around them or the server, or breaking rules of any sort. You wouldn't ask a person shopping in a store to act the same way as the staff of the store towards others, only that they do not make a complete fool of themselves by disturbing others or causing damage. The same applies for those workers when they're off-duty and shopping themselves. They do not suddenly need to be held to their clocked-in behavior standards just because they're in that store, as they are now normal shoppers. They are people, and not robots, and they put on a customer service face and personality when working because it's expected of them by their employers, as well as those shopping around them.

Proper social etiquette is important, but knowing when to apply it and how much to apply is just as important.

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

So, I'm going to step out and give a +1 to this.

People have said that they've been pretty explosive about things, but, everyone does. One thing that staff/adminning means is that you get hit hard if you act out, admins, headmins, players, everyone comes out of the woodwork to say how much they've always hated and this is just reconfirming their beliefs that the admin is bad. There's a hardening that comes with time, it's hard to deal with it unless you actively are trying to be a shitty person or just shrug and ignore it. Admitting that it's a problem just means that it's more likely to be worked on. I haven't really seen you go off on people, but, that's just my perspective.

The reason I'm always going to give a +1 is the fact that you care. You care about the server, the maps, the code, the sprites, the people on the server. That can't be faked, and that doesn't go away with time. Not everyone will go out of their way to ask someone how their day has been, or just touching base if someone goes dark for a while. Everyone can improve on a lot of things, language and how to handle people, but, you can't improve on caring about things, it's not a teachable skill.