Hjorthorn RP Admin Application

Hjorthorn

Hjorthorn RP Admin Application

Post by Hjorthorn »

BYOND ckey: Hjorthorn
Character name: Junko Kanegawa
Discord username (+user id): Hedduh#9070
How long have you played on Citadel?: 858 days as of the posting of this thread
How long have you played SS13?: At least 3 years.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Pacific Daylight/Standard Time (UTC-7/-8)
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Everything I've been taught during my stint as EM, including how to use the funny boxes and not break everything
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Forum moderation and administration beginning in 2011, HL2RP dedicated server moderation (2010) administration (2013) and ownership (2015), as well as 5 years workforce experience in auditing, compliance enforcement, regulatory and operation procedure enforcement, and education. I currently work as an advisor at a facility housing troubled youth, where I maintain case files, maintain accountability, and authorize disciplinary measures for violations of terms of residence and other regulatory documents. I am intimately experienced with dealing to resistance to punitive action according to policy, originally from store owners over the phone when seizing illegal freight and now withstanding verbal attacks from students in my physical presence. A bit of malding via internet text will not faze me.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Jaybird1, Nik707, Captain277, Keekenox
Reason for application: Referred by Keekenox and Jaybird

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:
1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
I would inform them that ingame OOC/LOOC is not the place to settle a personal dispute, and to take it to DMs. If they persisted, I would mute them in OOC or LOOC and make a note in their player panel.
2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
I mean it really varies from situation to situation. I would personally first document the situation, either from logs in game if I witnessed them or by pulling logs from server records. Let's say in this case it's a griefer who was reported by an ahelp from a regular player, in which case I'd observe the offending baldie for indicators of griefing (rushing for tools, maint crawling, indicators of metacomms with other players, checking OOC notes and FT, etc). If no abnormal behavior was documented, I would ask the player who ahelped to describe what concerned them, then cross-check the server's logs to verify if the claims are justified. If they were, I would document the situation in the admin discord channel while proceeding to make case notes on the player panel and issue a ban weighted to the violation - in the case of a griefer, permanent.
3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Based on the severity of an offense. Breaking into a staffed department to obtain something, like a bluespace harpoon, i.e. powergaming I feel would require a slap on the wrist such as a two hour ban for them to sit in timeout and think about what they've done. A major violation such as griefing would be met with perma. I also feel like escalation should be taken into account - formation of pattern behaviors would require increasingly steep punishments to warn the player on the path they're taking, culminating in a permaban if they display a consistent disregard to rules and conduct - for instance, repeatedly needing temporary bans for OOC flaming or metagaming resulting in an appealable permaban after it's proven that repeated warnings are not sending a clear message.
4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
I am not entirely sure on this. The only person I have ever witnessed deadmining is Silicons, who appears to do so when going IC and getting overwhelmed by the sheer number of logs constantly flooding chat. I prefer to avoid deadmining unless there are other staff on and I'm having trouble following the roleplay I'm engaged in due to logs. When ghosted, I never deadmin.
5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Compliance to the very rules they enforce, avoiding engagements in conflicts of interest or personal bias due to political affiliation, gender, sexuality, race, income level, personal OOC interactions, relationship status, or other factors which may influence perceptions of the other. Being an admin should be treated as a job, not a hobby or pastime, and be held to the same degrees of professional conduct and accountability.
Last edited by Hjorthorn on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaybirdnerd

Re: Hjorthorn RP Admin Application

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hey,

So, immediate +1. I think you'd make a good member to the admin team and I feel like you've got a seemingly full grasp on what to do as a staff member. You've been experienced a fair bit as an EM and I think this is a good enough ground to support you on since I know you're good for what you do.

Thanks for applying,

~Jay

Keekenox

Post by Keekenox »

+1 since I told them to apply.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

kinda based yeah have my +1

Captain277