HeroWithYay

HeroWithYay : Main Admin Application

Post by HeroWithYay »

BYOND ckey: HeroWithYay
Character name: Hero Aurra
Discord username (+user id): Hero with Yay#1276
How long have you played on Citadel?: Since 13/03/2020
How long have you played SS13?: Since 03/03/2020
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: 8 PM to 2 AM NZT Give or take a few hours.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None, but currently Event Manager on Citadel
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: None.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Trojan_Coyote, Blubelle
Reason for application: Very few admins currently active in my timezone and regarding my current Event Manager role I don't think I have the creative ability to remain in this role and perform to a standard I would be satisfied with for any extended period of time. After having access to observe staff channels and speaking with other admins I'm confident I would be able to perform much better as an Admin while additionally still retaining the option to make rounds more interesting with smaller events and additions, as was my original motivation for becoming Event Manager.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Depends heavily on context. Ideally resolve the issue with communication and if that isn't possible cooperate with other members of the staff team to try to determine the best solution.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Let another admin handle it, ahelp or otherwise contact one as you would if you were a regular player.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Also depending heavily on context. Take into account the severity of the rulebreak, how much it negatively impacted other players, whether it was done in bad faith, whether it was accidental, whether it was that person's first offence.
And then try to figure out a punishment that would suitable.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
An admin should de-admin when playing an antagonist, security, head of staff, silicon or otherwise any situation where the additional meta-knowledge might affect their gameplay in a significant way.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Be professional, treat players equally, be active and try to help build a positive gaming and roleplay experience on Citadel.

Trojan_Coyote

Re: HeroWithYay : Main Admin Application

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

You're on a pretty good amount and seem to know your way around by now, already supporting but I'll add a +1 here

Xantholne

Post by Xantholne »

+1 good luck buckaroo

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

Practically lives on main anyways, I swear they're hooked up to an IV bag just to play more spess or something, +1

Blubelle

Post by Blubelle »

+1, as Hero had mentioned in their application.

good fluff and good judgement from what I've seen

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

Moving this application to approved.