Fractious 2nd admin app : electric boogaloo

Fractious

Fractious 2nd admin app : electric boogaloo

Post by Fractious »

BYOND ckey: Fractious

Character name: Viola Ash and some others.
Discord username (+user id): Fract'#7500
How long have you played on Citadel?: 5-6 years
How long have you played SS13?: 8 years
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: 4:00PM EST - 11:30PM EST during the week, and 2:00PM EST - 4:00AM EST during week-ends.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Admin here for around 2 years with 6 months of those as Headmin.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Minecraft server (2 years as GM) and Gmod back in 2014
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Silicons
Reason for application: After a long hiatus and break from SS13, I believe I'm ready to hop back and admin around on my favorite server. I'm currently on sickbay in the army for 2 months, so I also got plenty of freetime during the week. Citadel's still holding a precious place in my heart, and I can't wait to bully Keb again in achat. I also wish to run a few events to make rounds interesting over the course of the month.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities:

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
It simply depends if it's via discord or directly in game. I would directly DM both the players and them to stop and act as a middle man while getting a good idea of what's the issue with both of them. Did any of them break a rule or harass the other, etc.. If they both simply had a poor argument, I'd encourage both to simply settle it down for now and act civilized, unless one of them would keep on escalating, to which I would warn them before coming down to consequences if the offense keeps on repeating.
TL;DR, depends of context.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
Any reasonable admin would never handle their own ticket or tickets implying them, as the bias would be obvious and blatant. You should rather ask for another admin to deal with the issue (DM other admins on the Discord if none are online). The 3rd party Admin should be able to deal with the situation and apply their own judgment in the end.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
You simply scale it up with various factor. 1. Severity of the offense (petty, minor, moderate, heavy, perma-ban worthy). 2. Repeated offense 3. Behavior of the player while getting questionned/bwoinked.

From all of those factors you simply go with your own judgment, petty and first time? Just a slap on the wrist. Heavy and repeated 3 times in the past? Probably a week ban or jobban depending on the offense, etc..

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
The moment you're head/security or Antag, as you can use your admin powers to gain an edge, since you can see ghost chat etc..

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Be an example to the rest of the community, even while playing. Always be there for every players with an open door and willing to always put on time for the wellbeing of the server and community and always be just.

And that's all for me, I sure hope I can hop back into the train and vibe with y'all.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

Silicons

Re: Fractious 2nd admin app : electric boogaloo

Post by Silicons »

Blessed +1

Blubelle

Post by Blubelle »

+1

Yes.

NicoDeimos

Post by NicoDeimos »