[RussianArmsDealer] [RP] Admin Application 2 Electric Boogaloo

Nepbalt

[RussianArmsDealer] [RP] Admin Application 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Nepbalt »

BYOND ckey: RussianArmsDealer
Character name: Jade Yu, Cobalt, Ayami Yu
Discord username (+user id): Kat Computer#0404
How long have you played on Citadel?: Since 2018, active during 2020 and early 2021 but took a long Hiatus.
How long have you played SS13?: Many a year.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: I live in UTC 0/GMT however my sleep schedule literally doesn't exist so your mileage may vary. Usually, I exist afternoon/late evening my timezone, from ~16:00-23:00.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Retired Cit RP Admin. Set up a private server for friends.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Multiple large discord servers and a few other RP communities. Much lore work.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kevinz/Silicons(?, Literally asked me to reapply to the team)
Reason for application: (peer pressure) I'd like to contribute to the server again on a more formal basis and provide my insight and input within the hallowed halls of the admin channels, along with helping out on the server itself. Would also be happy to contribute to events (by dragging Kev by his leash to help me set that stuff up).

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Very context dependant, both on 'where' OOC it's happening and what's being said. If it's LOOC, I'd likely message them and ask for clarification on what the situation is about. I'd do my best to mediate and/or tell them to take it off the server/game if it was causing a big scene. If it was in the OOC channel, I would either jump in OOC to try and mediate, or if it's really bad, temporarily mute OOC (and likely message them depending on context). Sometimes it just takes a 'No stop this' and maybe disabling OOC for a minute to stop trouble.

2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
If there are literally, somehow, no other admins on either the server or the Discord I would attempt to handle the situation myself and do my best to mediate with the other parties I am involved in. I am very good at separating my character and IC from OOC/Staff things, however I would obviously make sure to make the staff team aware of the situation and delegate it to someone else as soon as I can.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Context, Severity, History. As I said in my old application that's the methos I stick by. For instance, if someone had been causing minor issues frequently and consistently, I would consider potentially warning them or even a very short tempban depending on severity and likely what another Admin thought about the situation. Similarly, I can be quite strict when it comes to serious rulebreaking or troublemaking to the point of griefing, especially if such actions are effecting an entire round(s). I personally always lean towards mediating and trying to get people to get along rather than jumping on someone for what they've done, and I would rather try to keep people in the community and help them rather than punish them. It is also very important to investigate an issue before coming to a conclusion, unless the situation requires quick action (like someone trying to sabotage atmos and set the entire server into a plasmafire or running around beating people to death for no reason)

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
The truth is that most admins on CitRP don't de-admin themselves. However, as can be attested by staff who were around when I was, I de-admin myself when playing command during events, and usually de-admin myself when playing exploration or other roles to remove any temptation to read things I shouldn't. It's no fun to play the game when you can see sneaky things.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Help the community, handle troublemakers to the best of your ability, have good sense of memes, don't abuse and flex your power on the community or be a dick with it, and bully kev. Being an admin is a privilege and you're providing a service to the community, it isn't a right.

Hjorthorn

Re: [RussianArmsDealer] [RP] Admin Application 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Hjorthorn »

Good roleplayer, community-minded and considerate of others (if a bit shy). She has my support.

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

as a staff reapplication in good standing this automatically has my support (and not because they're a pretty good one totally yeah)

buffalowing

Post by buffalowing »

Hi Kat!! You're great, and you're passionate about this place.

Huuuuge +1!

Auraknight

Post by Auraknight »

I'm generally in favour for returning admins who left on good terms to be re-instated. I haven't seen you a ton myself, but I'll just chock that up to our times not aligning. I've enjoyed, and missed, what notable interactions we've had in the past.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

For the reasons listed above by Kevin, this application has my support as well. Jade's performance on the Staff team was more than satisfactory, and I'd be happy to have them back.