[Cataclysmanic] Oh hey an RP EM application

Cataclysmanic

[Cataclysmanic] Oh hey an RP EM application

Post by Cataclysmanic »

BYOND Ckey: Cataclysmanic
Character Name: FISH, Kit Fitzgerald, Kai'Tira
Discord Username (+user id): Cataclysmanic#7130
Reason for Application: RP could use some fun. I'm fun. I think. Put the gun away.
Administrators Supporting Application: Captain
Team Applying For: RP

1. When setting up an event for the server, what should be taken into account as your to-do list before announcing the event to the discord/server?
Firstly I should debate whether or not it's an event worth announcing to the discord or server. If I'm doing a minor joke/minor gimmick, it might be better to keep it secret. Subtle hints could inspire people to roleplay more effectively. Mild nudging may be invoked. Announcements on the server or discord will be reserved for larger scale events.

But before I even think about running a minor or large event, I should
a. Ensure the server has people who're willing to participate, or who appear willing to participate
b. Ensure the server isn't currently undergoing a particularly strenuous PVE or PVP activity. For example a meteor shower, blob invasion that's gotten out of control, or general inter departmental hostility that may get a little too out of hand.
c. Consult active administration to see if they're ready and able to handle any issues that may appear during the activities.
d. Ensure I'm within a proper mindset to dedicate myself to the round, and notify active admins or fellow EMs if I need to leave.

2. What is expected of an Event Manager on Citadel Stations (Main and/or RP)?
We're expected to have an open mind, show zero bias, and to make the round fun for every individual involved. We may never be directly involved in the event, but what matters is that everyone else has a blast. We're also expected to take criticisms, constantly improve upon ourselves, and encourage a stable roleplaying environment.

3. What would you call a fun addition to a current round if the players are wanting extra spice?
Adding a player controlled troublemaker on board to prank security or other departments in secret. Or perhaps making a vending machine talk shit to a character for blowing his cash so fast. As examples for smaller scale events from round to round.
For something larger, we could add 2-3 player controlled antagonists onto the station for security and co. to handle. Or perhaps throw a POI at exploration that's been effectively tampered with to ensure a fun adventure. I could also add in ship wide parties or events for cozier RP, and/or more dangerous involving ship wide events if a majority of players are agreeable to it. Like an invasion of mercenaries, or perhaps even marauders. My options are as limitless as my creativity.

4. If an event you're hosting is going off the rails, or that the players are reacting to the event in a way that is steering away from your original plan and idea, what would you do at that point for the event?
There's nothing I can do except roll with the punches. If I give up, there's no end relief. No continuation. The only option is to change my gameplan on the fly. I should ask other EMs or admins for advice. Take the wheel and try to hint toward other options, or egg them on if what they're doing is more interesting than what I had in mind.

We're like the pizza makers. We throw on the sauce, cheese, toppings. We cut dat shit up and serve it on a silver platter. Ultimately, what they do with that pizza, however, is out of my hands. I'll have to make the next one to their standards if they don't like it.

I've worked here before so I know what I'm doing and what I'm getting myself into. I'm certain I can handle a more easygoing and less strenuous position after my previous times here.

Auraknight

Re: [Cataclysmanic] Oh hey an RP EM application

Post by Auraknight »

While I can't say I've ever actually seen you in-game before, from what I've seen of you in the discord, you're decent enough, and the application questions don't make me feel uneasy here. +1

SpessInquisitor

Post by SpessInquisitor »

While his personality in RP chat isn't...welcoming, it doesn't come from a place of malice. And speaking personally as a friend (I hope) of his, he is a decent person, and someone who might be able to inject some fun into rounds every once in a while, all while being able to deflect the negativity that comes from the vocal minority of people who seemingly hate events. +1 from me, lore maint man wahoo.

PlumeOfSmoke

Post by PlumeOfSmoke »

+1, simple as. He's a good guy, has an excellent head on his shoulders, and I'd like to see more EMs. Plus, considering he was an admin before I think he's more than qualified for the position. Dunno if me being an EM has any weight to supporting it but I figure it doesn't hurt to say my piece.

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

+1 Oh hey. I'm here now to also. Dean did fine as an Admin, so I'm sure he'll do well as an EM.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

Jaybirdnerd

Post by Jaybirdnerd »

Hello Cata,

Due to prior experience having worked with you, I can safely say you'd be a fair fit for the rank. I've seen you act as an admin prior to having left and reapplied. It'd be a good welcomed change to see you added back to the team even as an Event Manager. The only concerns I feel worthy of raising is why you simply haven't re-applied as an admin. Maybe it's for reduced stress? Either way, you're here and we've all seen you at work before. I feel it's worth a strong vouch towards your favor genuinely considering how apt you were prior to leave, and I feel we'd all welcome you back with open arms.

Verdict stands at a very strong +1.

You have already been an admin here, we're fully familiar with you and what you do, now lets see you try it as an Event Manager and hope for the best yes?

Thanks for applying,

~Jay