[SKerrigan] RP Admin Application

Sakuya

[SKerrigan] RP Admin Application

Post by Sakuya »

BYOND ckey: SKerrigan
Character name: Lilla, Mayako Izumi, Cecile, Sabina, Yukiko Sabairu, Sylvia Holt, etc (probably a lot more, I make characters on a whim sometimes)
Discord username (+user id): Binah#0001
How long have you played on Citadel?: Around two years now? It’s been a while, on and off since 2019.
How long have you played SS13?: Honestly, probably since like.. 2012 on and off.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: I’m in CST (GMT -6), general hours of activity can vary. Generally I prefer night over day, but my sleep can sometimes go into limbo and I’ll be on whenever.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: None really.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Over the course of the past thirteen years, I’ve been a part of numerous gaming and RP communities both in webspace in terms of forums and in terms of guilds and custom scripts. Personal experience in this regard stems back to a (terrible) game known as Garry’s Mod, where I assisted in both staffing and managing various RP servers. The last server I assisted as staff on in regards to that game was on a private heavy RP script that had around 30~ consistent players.

I’ve also been a part of the GM team for a private World of Warcraft server that’s now defunct, where my duties consisted of NPCing encounters and characters as well as enforcing rules where necessary. Other experiences include DayZ RP, and a few defunct discord servers.
Current administrators who have agreed to support your application: Kat Computer, Hedduh, silicons
Reason for application: I’ve been on Citadel RP for a long time now, and for the longest time I contemplated putting this in. I’m not really aware of the current internal needs or workings of the staff team. Regardless of that, my primary reason for putting this in is because I want to help out. Citadel is pretty much the only server on this game that I trust to play because it’s very ‘tried and true’ compared to other communities. Obviously, problems still occur as well as drama. That’s true for any community on the internet, ever. However this server has always managed to endure whatever unsavory incidents came it’s way.

To sum this up, I really enjoy playing here and would love to help out in any way that I can. This isn’t a community that I see dying anytime soon, and while ups and downs do happen (especially with the holidays coming up).

1. Q: How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
1. A: If the altercation escalated to a point to where it was an active argument or problem (likely in the way that this question is presented!), I’d go ahead and bwoink both players and ask them politely to keep whatever issues they have between each other out of LOOC or OOC. If someone has a problem with someone else or something to say that isn’t constructive, then it can be conveyed through private DMs on discord as opposed to doing it on the server where other people are likely around and or spectating. No one wants to walk past an area and see people arguing in LOOC. If possible, I would go the extra step to find out the reason for the altercation and provide my best effort to resolve it. If it stems beyond what I can help with, then it can be taken elsewhere. Of course I care about the community and I care about individual gripes people may have, I will also do my best to resolve them to the best of my ability. However it’s not my role on the server to mitigate someone’s personal problems with someone, I can only enforce the rules and policy in a polite and constructive manner and in a way that supports a non-toxic atmosphere.

2. Q: What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
2. A: They shouldn’t do anything and wait for another staff member to handle it. If no staff member is available and the issue is with the admin involved, then the player should be directed to the complaint area of the forums. If you’re directly involved in something, then it’s good practice and also common sense to not get involved if at all possible.

3. Q: How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
3. A: I think that every instance where a rule is broken is a unique case, at least most of the time. While it is expected that some griefers may stop by the server sometimes, other instances of rule breaks aren’t as clear cut. I think the totality of circumstances should be taken into account before enforcement action is taken on a player. What caused someone to break a rule? Do they have an explanation for why they did it? Do they have extensive note history? All of this needs to be taken into account when formulating a punishment. Staff rulings should be objective and based on the history, situation, and so forth of the situation.

4. Q: Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
4. A: I presume that there’s internal policy regarding this. However, at a first glance and in my personal belief I think that an admin should de-admin themselves whenever they’re taking part in an event or anything serious happening ICly on the server in regards to an event. Generally if you’re going to take part in things, de-adminning yourself is a fair option. Another reason you should de-admin yourself is if you intend to play but don’t want to deal with administration things. It’s better to play as another player at that point. Any further elaboration on these conditions can probably be explained to me, I’m more than happy to read up on any internal policies if this goes through.

5. Q: What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
5. A: I feel like that if you intend to join the staff team, then you’re going to be expected to help out. You’re going to be expected to respond to tickets to the best of your ability and make objective rulings based on the totality of circumstances in regards to instances of rule breaking. Personally, I feel like one of the most important things to remember is that you’re here to help out. You’re doing this because you care about the community and the server and you want to see it do well. You should also remember that this is an RP server. We’re all here to RP and have an enjoyable time.

To further elaborate on this, it’s also your job to respond to prayers and faxes sent to Central Command. You should also be willing to create or assist in events where possible and where assistance is requested. It’s good to remember that server staff is a team, and the goal is to work together to create both a better environment for the players and uphold the standards of RP along with rules.
Last edited by Sakuya on Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silicons

Re: [SKerrigan] RP Admin Application

Post by Silicons »

this is good
+1

Auraknight

Post by Auraknight »

While I have no issues with the application itself, I am a little surprised that I don't recognize you at all, especially considering the list of vouches you have going into this. Not that that's any reason for me to disapprove in this case.

overall, I'm neutral on the application, but with three vouches, I doubt that there'll be any complications regardless.

Hjorthorn

Post by Hjorthorn »

+1, considering I encouraged her to write this app

Nepbalt

Post by Nepbalt »

I have no issues with them being on the staff team and having more people around is usually a good thing.
+1

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

Skerrigan? In my server staff?
Yeah okay.
+1
Quality player.