DJKouta : Main Event Manager Application

Post by DJKouta »

BYOND Ckey: djkouta

Character Name:
Mr. Honkers / GLAICER

Discord Username (+user id):
DJKouta#1976

Reason for Application:
Being able to run my line of events without having to nag staff, wanting to both run events and also answer player prayers, adding some fun to rounds if things get bland, saving the population of the server.
I've run events on Citadel beforehand as well, most of the time leading to the enjoyment of the player-base. Writing up entire page-fulls of guides for events and things to do to enhance the crew's entertainment in a bland round.

Team Applying For:
Main, I'm to afraid of RP to touch such a thing. A lot of my events would probably also be too out of the norm for RP's playerbase as well.

1. When setting up an event for the server, what should be taken into account as your to-do list before announcing the event to the discord/server?
Most likely that things are set up and ready to go. And not springing events on the server because you just decide to run them right that minute in the middle of a round. (whoops)
I tend to write up guides for events that I run, which helps me stay on top of things until they eventually get derailed, but then I have things I can springboard to so I can adapt to what the round would like.
Checking in with other staff would probably be best as well.

2. What is expected of an Event Manager on Citadel Stations (Main and/or RP)?
Making rounds more enjoyable for players without outright destroying the station or the player experience, unless of course, you've made an announcement rounds beforehand that your round might cause station-ending disasters.

3. What would you call a fun addition to a current round if the players are wanting extra spice?
Really depends, I'm all up for listening to player prayers if they aren't too terrible. But if nothing seems to be going on and players are getting bored, there are a wide myriad of things an EM can do to add some spice.
Commandeering the announcement system to announce small events like cook-offs or circuit inventing contests. Giving the crew materials to be creative (Still love the whole 'Shuttle Building Event' that happened, really good stuff.)
or even just adding some funny, interesting items around the station for players to find if they go exploring.

4. If an event you're hosting is going off the rails, or that the players are reacting to the event in a way that is steering away from your original plan and idea,
what would you do at that point for the event?

Well, this really depends as well. If players are taking the event in a different direction, this is where I tend to plan new things on the spot that go along with what the players want. For example if the crew was in and event focused on building on station, but instead they took the gear elsewhere, lets say deep space, then simply switching the events direction would give the crew some more motivation for what they want to do for fun. Instead of a "rebuilding station departments", now it could be "Build a new Station elsewhere in space". As an event manager, you aren't there to shove people through your story because its what you want to do, you need to adapt the event to fit the players and what they'd like.
Citadel Station Main - Event Manager
I run events, sometimes they are fun.

Mr. Honkers - GLACIER
Most Clown Hours on Main - Yes I'm proud of that.
Have a chicken pie recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD9dKbTpanQ

zI-H482

Re: DJKouta : Main Event Manager Application

Post by zI-H482 »

Right, we don't see any particular issues with this application.

As such, it's been approved.