Auris456852 : Event Manager Application

auris456852

Auris456852 : Event Manager Application

Post by auris456852 »

BYOND Ckey: Auris456852
Character Name: Marshall Bash, Opodiphthera Cuprina on Main, Elyra, Nirn, Bella Schatz on RP for the most used ones.
Discord Username (+user id): Shieldbearer#1675
Reason for Application:
Some may remember my relatively brief stunt as an admin earlier. I left later, because I found that after hovering as a ghost more than playing in fear of missing any ahelps due to low admin count, leaves me unable to keep track of what the server and its pop are actually like anymore, to say nothing of my uncertainty from the start leading me to either be a relay for other admins, or to take an exorbitant amount of time analyzing every detail and then still being overly lenient.

A certain person also really wants me back on the staff team, but after a solid few weeks away from the responsibility, I realized that you couldn't even pay me to go back to being an admin again. I've had enough enforcing rules for a lifetime, thank you very much.

However, I do still want to see about contributing in some manner, especially now that my time is more plentiful without Bachelor's to worry about. Small fuckery entertained people without complaints back when I was still min, so I might as well go do that some, then later scale up.
...I'll head back to filling out the main wiki later, too.

Team Applying For: Do we still do both? If so, both. If not, Main

1. When setting up an event for the server, what should be taken into account as your to-do list before announcing the event to the discord/server?

If this is the sort of event that you would wish to announce to the whole server, that implies it should be big. So.

A. Get a premise for your event, of course.
B. Make a plan, as well as getting the prerequisites for it. The main analysis and design step. The plan won't hold perfectly, but an outline and considering some possible ways players may try to break the campaign ahead of time helps.
C. Gauge when players can show up, to determine when when would be a good time (or times) to run it. Remember to take any special days into account. Pick out any volunteers you may need at this time, too.
D. While you do this, try to think on your event some, and how you could spice it up some more. Maybe give it a few days extra to dwell on it after, might think of something that needs correcting back in step B.

2. What is expected of an Event Manager on Citadel Stations (Main and/or RP)?

It's in the title. They are meant to manage events large and small, which are meant to provide the players with an enjoyable experience that differs from every other round, thus breathing life into the server.

3. What would you call a fun addition to a current round if the players are wanting extra spice?

The key component to answering this question lies in knowing one's audience.

When people ask for spice, that usually means they are bored. However, if a player ends up in a situation more stressful and uninteresting than they would be without intervention, they will probably never ask for spice again.
Some may like to chase a gremlin that stole their donator item around the station, others may want someone to get hurt already, a puzzle to solve, adorable animals to interact with or a special personal space mission that is totally not a trap. Yet, one must also avoid bringing in people that probably don't want to be interrupted, like the people currently in the dorms or people that are otherwise in the middle of something.

In short, look into the players asking for spice, or the players not already in the middle of something if that isn't doable. Consider how they play, their notes, their records... Then send something their way accordingly. Just because it's Main doesn't mean it has to be a test of their reflexes, and the other way around for RP.

4. If an event you're hosting is going off the rails, or that the players are reacting to the event in a way that is steering away from your original plan and idea,
what would you do at that point for the event?

Do what any Dungeon Master would do and try to roll with it.

The ideal solution is to follow the actions to their logical conclusion and keep the scenario going. Keeping the event going in a way that does not feel forced is what allows for it to go by smoothly.
This is not always doable, however, and in the event that doing so would literally stop the event short, a minor amount of bussing on the side may help avoid an anticlimactic or tragic end. Perhaps bullshit together a REAL BBEG if they somehow just killed the dude before he could even monologue. Just try to make it fit, and not literal magic in a standard pirate ship.

Silicons

Re: Auris456852 : Event Manager Application

Post by Silicons »

+1 all the way, returning staff and one of the sane ones at that

NicoDeimos

Post by NicoDeimos »

+1 top ideal eventmin material.
Also apparently still admin on the forum lul

Keekenox

Post by Keekenox »

Poggers +1

Keekenox

Post by Keekenox »

:cry: :sick: :sick: :at: :arrow: :arrow: :idea: :idea: :idea: :heart: :heart: :heart: :huh: :huh: :cry: :sick: :sick: :my: :my: :my: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :at: :at: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Poggers +1 :) ;) :cool: :D :P :rolleyes: :shy: :( :at: :dodgy: :dodgy: :dodgy: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :cool: :D :D :D :D :D

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

That's gonna be a +1 from me dawg. It's good to see you back!

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya »

+1 from me!

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

Alright, there's no reason to leave this one open for much longer.

The application is approved.