moony/Moonythehuman Maintainer Application

moony

moony/Moonythehuman Maintainer Application

Post by moony »

Experience with Github:
I maintain your (citadel 14) upstream. As for experience with git, I know enough to be able to fix the majority of repo fuckups I've encountered and know how to bisect, interactive rebase, etc. (also I can use google that helps)
I primarily use git cli and when not working on my own fork am very familiar with the usual branch/merge workflow

Experience with BYOND:
Very little, which is why I'm applying to maintain the SS14 fork. I know how to use SDMM I guess and have written under 20 lines of DM total.

Experience with SS13:
I've been playing the game since either 2016 or 2017, and have since gone on to develop for and maintain SS14. I think much of my experience lies with bay-like servers, I don't know super much about modern tg and primarily play CitRP now, and used to play on Urist McStation way back when I was more active on bay12forums. I did also play on paradise for a little and have a command ban from there to this day (for logging out as a head).
I was pretty wildly different as a person in 2016-2020 though, not sure there's much to say beyond I Played Then.

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP):
I've played on RP the most, only a few characters but I strongly enjoy my time there, especially as bartender which is probably one of the more fun roles on that server (Whether this means citrp is boring, or bartender is really good, I do not know)

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?:
well i already have maintainer-level access on the citadel14 repo so what's the harm in making it more official?
I'm very familiar with SS14's inner workings and am currently working toward pushing citadel's SS14 fork toward minimum-viable-product based on the information I have of the codebase's intended direction.
Very much a clean code person (..except when im not, thank you drsmugleaf for grilling me in new-light) and very familiar with SS14's style guide.

CKEYs: Moonythehuman (BYOND) and moony (SS14).

Silicons

Re: moony/Moonythehuman Maintainer Application

Post by Silicons »

+1 (i shouldn't have to say why i like them and why this is a good idea you'd know if you paid attention to the discord at all over the past few months)

Xantholne

Post by Xantholne »

+1seems well intended

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

Moving this to approved.