[timothytea] Maintainer Application

timothyteakettle

[timothytea] Maintainer Application

Post by timothyteakettle »

Experience with Github:
I've used it since university, while I primarily use Github Desktop for development (you can scald me all you want, it's easy to use!), I am aware of how to use git on a command line.

Experience with BYOND:
Started in 2018, still playing today, always primarily played on Citadel, although have a small amount of playtime on TG too but I didn't start development there, as I started doing dev work on citmain.

Experience with SS13/SS14:
Same as above for SS13, I have only ever played SS13 on BYOND.

Development-wise, I have done a lot of work over the years on SS13, covering a lot of snowflake-y stuff and character customization, also a lot of service stuff too!
Generally most stuff in customization has been touched or rewritten by me at some point or another.

For experience in SS14 and for the future of our new server, I have been getting into SS14 recently and have two PRs up for upstream currently, one being merged at the time of writing:
https://github.com/space-wizards/space- ... pull/13219
https://github.com/space-wizards/space- ... pull/13015

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP):
Again mostly the stuff I put above, but for non-development experience on Main, I have again played since 2018 and have notably calmed down a bit in around 2020, but still get into stupid arguments sometimes on the main general on the Discord server, but I think (as showable by my prior time as an admin) when needed I can hold myself to a respectable standard.

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?:
I have a lot of experience in SS13, and I am getting to grips with SS14 like everybody else involved, and I am happy to work on both sides. I have prior experience in C# but not in ECS, but I am starting to get a hang of the basics. I also have enough spare time now that I have figured out my schedule with work and my personal life, to have a fair amount of time to dedicate to the server once more.

Hjorthorn

Re: [timothytea] Maintainer Application

Post by Hjorthorn »

Silicons is constantly saying we don't have enough maintainers, so +1

Zandario

Post by Zandario »

I had to rewrite this three times as it kept logging me out when I pressed submit.
Soooo tl;dr

Over double the total number of PRs I've ever made, all just localized at CitMain.
Also understands my insanity ideas regarding things like species code :^)

+1

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

Code: Select all

ADMIN LOG: fuck you we're killing x34
ADMIN LOG: we um are healing
On a more serious note: as an admin, you were pretty good, and as a coder, you've got a pretty good track record of fixing bugs and committing backend nerdity towards the codebase. The player-facing things you've done are also hella neat across the board!

My only real gripe is your low number of balance changes, and the general sparseness of your takes on game balance. However, the thoughts you do have do generally tend to be well-articulated, and you tend to be fairly chill when it comes to disagreement. Though the sparse balance takes may potentially be indicative of ambivalence. Either way, though, your ability to articulate your design thoughts makes the prospect of you ending up in a position to make balance decisions feel a lot less like a gamble.

Overall, a solid +1

zI-H482

Post by zI-H482 »

No complaints were voiced, so welcome back aboard.

Moving to approved.