[gurking] RP Admin Application

gurking

[gurking] RP Admin Application

Post by gurking »

BYOND ckey:
gurking

Character name:
Nouveau Roche, Bonnie Bannbury, Chen Yifan, etc.

Discord username (+user id):

gurking#9828

How long have you played on Citadel?:
Over a year.

How long have you played SS13?:
Coming up to three years.

What is your timezone/general hours of activity?:
UTC+1

Previous SS13 related admin experience:
~3000 hours of staffing experience in Fallout 13 servers, with a final position of Staff Oversight.

Previous non-SS13 related admin experience:
n/a

Current administrators who have agreed to support your application:
Monara, Keekenox

Reason for application:
I feel like giving back to the community and have decided that this server is worth the investment that being staff necessitates. I have ideas and experience regarding role-play and would be welcome to share—to help improve. Additionally, I often find myself observing or in the lobby recently, and another body to ensure that tickets are handled timely is usually appreciated. Active staff during European times is rarer too.

1. How would you engage with two players having an out of character altercation?
Depending on the type of interaction, there are multiple solutions:
  • Hostility or toxicity should be quenched immediately, using appropriate administrative measures if words aren't enough. Nobody deserves a lousy time here; this is an obvious example.
  • If the situation is more nuanced, you can steer them to a solution together, but if in doubt, it is advisable to tell them to take it to official channels if there is a problem. Endless bickering is usually less productive.
2. What should an admin do if they're involved in a situation that needs admin intervention?
They should de-admin; never handle your own tickets. Let others deal with it. From there on, answer honestly and explain any relevant points.

3. How should an admin determine in what way to punish someone who breaks the rules?
Context is king; the rules aren't a solid construct; they are malleable and there to enhance the total enjoyment of everyone. Past and current conduct is to be considered, as should precedents.
Obvious griefers are dealt with in a different way than long-time players. Being bias-free and objective is your goal.

4. Under what conditions should an admin de-admin themselves while playing?
There is probably a policy on this, but generally, when playing an event or high-impact role, they are expected to de-admin; additionally, when they are involved in a ticket.

5. What is expected of an admin on Citadel?
Upstanding conduct, honesty, and diligence when dealing with issues. It is not a job, it is a volunteer position, but it is to be treated with the respect it deserves, as are the players. Your utmost goal is to create an atmosphere that the players enjoy.
To that effect, you are to handle tickets, discuss and steer the server direction in accordance with others, and move rounds forward.

Keekenox

Re: [gurking] RP Admin Application

Post by Keekenox »

:slime:

Monara

Post by Monara »

As stated in their app I'm supportive for a variety of reasons. Great RP standards, great player behavior, and I feel like they'll have solid judgement when it comes to staff conduct and ticket procedures.

+1

Silicons

Post by Silicons »

grounded and good +1

FreeStylaLT

Post by FreeStylaLT »

I was initially abstaining from this application, but due to various circumstances I've since changed my mind. Gurking has experience, a measured head, a niche timezone and a good social and player sense. +1.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Another cool person to bully. +1

Auraknight

Post by Auraknight »

Since apparently more + are needed, I don't find fault with your questionnaire, and you've got a headmin approval. +1

Captain277

Post by Captain277 »

I for one think Gurking is a cool guy. He is welcome to join the admin team and doesn't afraid of anything.

In all seriousness though, I'm more than happy to welcome a measured and engaged member of the community like Gurking onto the team. +1