RealDonaldTrump - Staff Application

ChayseRamsay

RealDonaldTrump - Staff Application

Post by ChayseRamsay »

BYOND ckey: RealDonaldTrump

Character name: A lot of characters, main ones being Chayse Ramsay, Caleb Marshall and Jalen Grey.
Discord username (+user id): Chayse.CrpTk#7729
How long have you played on Citadel?: Two years, roughly. Had an interlude of a few months due to a ban.
How long have you played SS13?: Since 2008.
What is your timezone/general hours of activity?: Varies, mostly GMT but can do EST.
Previous SS13 related admin experience: Hypatia, Heavy Roleplay admin during high pop.
Previous non-SS13 related admin experience: Ran a Garry's Mod HaloRP server that Deck played on before Citadel.
Reason for application:
I've been around for around two years now and what I've seen is that in the early hours of 12am - 7am or so there's a population of fifty players and no staff who are able to get on. I'm currently out of college and all of my time is free to help out the server. I've done staff work before on a roleplay server which went defunct late last year, Hypatia. It was a 24/7 extended heavy roleplay server, so the rules were tight and we learnt when to be strict about the rules and when to be more relaxed.

I was also the forum host and I managed the layout and design of the forums, as well as dealing with ban appeals and forwarding them to the correct staff member to handle the appeal. I honestly believe that I could make a good staff member on the server due to my experience and the fact that I'm willing to simply observe an entire round without getting involved unless necessary, and as far as I can tell there was only one instance on Hypatia where I was accused of admin abuse. My notes may be pretty incriminating, but a lot of them are from last year, and I honestly have matured a lot since then.

Below you will be required to describe how you would handle a handful of scenarios that may or may not require admin intervention. 
For every scenario, describe your personal opinion of the intentions of the player(s), whether you think you should intervene, and how you would initiate an intervention with the player(s) if you decide to.

There are technically no "correct" answers for this, but you will be judged on how you respond to these questions.
You observe two players having a fist-fight in the bar. Player 1 puts Player 2 into critical condition, and then Player 1 quickly leaves the bar to go heal them-self. Checking their attack logs, you find that neither of them had any interaction before they started fighting. Checking their say logs however, you discover that both of them got in a verbal confrontation that got very heated, and that Player 2 both initiated the confrontation and threw the first punch. How do you proceed? - Completely valid RP. Continue as usual.

You observe one player acting suspiciously and decide to watch them. While watching, you discover that they are a new player with less than a day of time on the server. You also discover that they haven't said anything for the entire round. Their contents include a full set of tools, and not much else. While watching they spend their time breaking into unsecure areas like the bar back room, hydroponics, the chapel office, EVA. How do you proceed? Continue observing. An assistant breaking into unsecure areas isn't exactly unusual, only when they start stealing items or breaking into secure areas would it be worthy of a bwoink.

You observe Player 1 who is a scientist building a combat mech. When they're finished, they allow Player 2 who is their friend and an assistant to come and take the combat mech out of the department. Later, Player 2 gets into a fight with security over the possession of the combat mech, and decides to try killing the security players but fails and is killed by security instead. How do you proceed? - Bwoink the scientist and ask why they gave an assistant a combat mech. Most likely outcome would be metabuddying, but benefit of the doubt is always needed. Bwoink the assistant and ask why they thought escalating straight to murdering security when they asked them legitimately to surrender the mech was a good idea. Outcome for that will most likely be a harsh warning and a note, but it'd depend on their response really.
Last edited by ChayseRamsay on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cabbose

RE: RealDonaldTrump - Staff Application

Post by Cabbose »

Yo I second this guy, he's on all the time and he's chill AF. Even if he shits on me for having the same Ckey all the time. :P

But seriously, he's very active and behaves himself well. Not just with playing but whenever people ask questions for how to play this or that, this dude is on it in a hot minute. Courteous, loves the game, loves the server, You'd be dumb to deny this.
Last edited by Cabbose on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

This application is decent, and your notes aren't as bad as I thought. I'm willing to consider it, but we'll see what other people think I guess.
ex-headmin

GhostEcho

Post by GhostEcho »

Well, he offers to teach people in things like atmos which I've been putting off learning, and tends to be a solid player, if sometimes a bit of a short temper with others, but I think he'd be a fair admin

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

I was actually rather supportive of this application until earlier today, despite that other people had pointed out a sour attitude and an ability to jump to spiteful conclusions. Your kneejerk reaction after a Lawyer and a few other members of the crew made the call to start a mutiny- one that was permitted, and was responded to by you adminhelping and complaining about it. I gave you the polite courtesy of warning, telling you that you would have to contend with some kind of threat in the round and that it wasn't purely 'extended' anymore.

Your response was to say "So you made it Revs great"

Which was followed by several other incredibly charged adminhelps, to which point I had to silence you from ahelp and remind you of the rule that says 'Be polite and to the point when sending an admin PM, give admins all relevant information that you can.'

After which point I decided to unmute you.

I was glad to leave it at that, but you decide to whinge and complain in OOC after the round had ended that there was no 'real antags'.

I permitted the mutiny because it hinged on IC circumstances that weren't purely murderboney. Did you mistreat the Lawyer? Yes. Did they do things 'wrong'/in violation of Space law? Yes, most certainly. Did I approve the mutiny becuase you were, as was put, 'incompetent'.

No.

I wont say that every admin on the team has an impeccable record for discipline, or that their tempers never flare, but if you're getting bent out of shape over something that was very much IC, and honestly, very insignificant, considering how easily you put down the pseudo-revolution, (As I expected. How do you expect a lawyer to outrobust the Head of Security?) I feel as if you're overinvolved in the world of your character, and that you should make some attempts to distance yourself.

If Kenzie still feels you're an adequate choice for the team, I wont bat an eye, because I do, too. I'd just like if this occurrence was taken into consideration and discouraged. If this is the kind of conduct that's expected, I can't sit idly by and smile, because it's the kind of behaviour I expect out of someone far less respectable than yourself.

I can make the solemn addendum that you didn't decide to harass me through my personal/private means, which I appreciate, as it shows you have the ability to make yourself stop and reconsider.

ChayseRamsay

Post by ChayseRamsay »

Ragolution wrote: I was actually rather supportive of this application until earlier today, despite that other people had pointed out a sour attitude and an ability to jump to spiteful conclusions. Your kneejerk reaction after a Lawyer and a few other members of the crew made the call to start a mutiny- one that was permitted, and was responded to by you adminhelping and complaining about it. I gave you the polite courtesy of warning, telling you that you would have to contend with some kind of threat in the round and that it wasn't purely 'extended' anymore.

Your response was to say "So you made it Revs great"

Which was followed by several other incredibly charged adminhelps, to which point I had to silence you from ahelp and remind you of the rule that says 'Be polite and to the point when sending an admin PM, give admins all relevant information that you can.'

After which point I decided to unmute you.

I was glad to leave it at that, but you decide to whinge and complain in OOC after the round had ended that there was no 'real antags'.

I permitted the mutiny because it hinged on IC circumstances that weren't purely murderboney. Did you mistreat the Lawyer? Yes. Did they do things 'wrong'/in violation of Space law? Yes, most certainly. Did I approve the mutiny becuase you were, as was put, 'incompetent'.

No.

I wont say that every admin on the team has an impeccable record for discipline, or that their tempers never flare, but if you're getting bent out of shape over something that was very much IC, and honestly, very insignificant, considering how easily you put down the pseudo-revolution, (As I expected. How do you expect a lawyer to outrobust the Head of Security?) I feel as if you're overinvolved in the world of your character, and that you should make some attempts to distance yourself.

If Kenzie still feels you're an adequate choice for the team, I wont bat an eye, because I do, too. I'd just like if this occurrence was taken into consideration and discouraged. If this is the kind of conduct that's expected, I can't sit idly by and smile, because it's the kind of behaviour I expect out of someone far less respectable than yourself.

I can make the solemn addendum that you didn't decide to harass me through my personal/private means, which I appreciate, as it shows you have the ability to make yourself stop and reconsider.
Honestly, what I was mainly adminhelping about and getting angry at was the fact two members of security (An officer, who latejoined in the first place, and a detective) decided to join the lawyer on this 'revolution'. That's what really, really pissed me off. In the end, I was actually glad I had Ulric as my warden.
Last edited by ChayseRamsay on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

Caring about the game sounds all the more reason to mod em, they'll recognize the feelings that a lot of the people they'll be handling and dealing with are feeling and where they're coming from. I would say it would be more of a concern if it was blatant they didn't care about the game. People can change their behavior and work on their problems, we don't all come out of the box a perfect admin. Mod this fool lads.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

The saltiness isn't great but it happens to a lot of people at times, as long as you don't make a habit of it we should be okay. I've noticed you a lot lately and am mostly pretty happy with what I've seen. Probably going to accept this.
ex-headmin

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

lol i lied about accepting this one by the way, i changed my mind and never mentioned that i did
ex-headmin